GP 5 at Nelson

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by dozbadthebad, Jun 26, 2011.

1. dozbadthebad

dozbadthebad BFTA 2010 European Champion & Pooch Plinking Plonk

Club:
    NELSON
    Just a BIG thank to all that made the journey today it was a long drive for some( now you know what we have to do each weekend :D ) but i hope you all enjoyed the WELSH Weather and Simons GP course personaly i loved it but i am a bit sick like that
    Also thanks to all the boys that helped the the marshaling
    and a Real Big thanks to simon for all the work over the last 2 weeks

DOZ and the NELSON boyos

2. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    Big thanks to Si berty ,doz and all the boys for all there hard work .
    A great course again.

Cheers

3. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Nice venue

First time at nelson today and have to say it's every bit as beautiful has berty said it was,i can see why he's so proud about his home ground.
    Big thanks to all involved for another great day's shooting,even if the score's suggest otherwise.
    cheers gent's
    simon

4. s410rainbow

s410rainbow Bungle & Cursed hAAt

Club:
    tondu AR & FTC
    lovely course, nice to shoot in home country...and nice weather, to go with the brill course.:D:D:D:D

5. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    great course ,,,cruel but great , buggering hot though .

well done to doz and berty and the nelson boys ,, well done to simon tipping on the hard work

well done to kev sayers on winning the gp and welsh open .

thanks to darren and keith for the company today

and well done to the bugger van ,,, just dont give me the big daddy again ,,,, ever

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Cheers guys, a top effort and a lovely ground. :)

7. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Nelson

Thanks to all of the boys at Nelson today great but bloody tuff course and the weather was amazing.

8. Littlekev

Littlekev Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Cheers guys

9. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    Big Nikko

Great course today, well done to the lads at Nelson for all their hard work, also a big thank you to the sponsor Highland Outdoor for giving a big nikko, which I was lucky enough to win, oh yes, well done me for winning it.

10. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    You lucky basxxxd I will try and remember the Leupold for GP6 well done anyway.

11. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Fantastic course. I arrived on the car park at 08.30 and thought 'great NO wind, looks like the suns gonna come out'....wrong on the first....underestimated by a mile the second..... (when I got home our lass got the 'After sun' out for me , looked a 'little red' by then)
    All in all another highlight GP....Well done Nelson

PS Well done Kev.... good score in that tricky multi-directional wind

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  12. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Thanks to all at Nelson for a brilliant course.
    Really enjoyed shooting with Helen and Shaun today.

Well done Kev, great shooting.

Thanks to Sam, Kev and Natalie on behalf of Libby for making her 7th Birthday special, (she's still full of beans yet believe it or not - I need some of her energy)

Made up with my score of 40 this afternoon and only missed one kneeler out of the 10 positionals :D

See you at Iceni

Paula

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  13. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Fecking wind, what wind!

Great course design for gp 5, much prefered the Zig zag line as apposed to a straight up and down line.
    Would have prefered perhaps 2-3 less 50y + and maybe a few more full kills at 35 -40, lsespecially in the open field sections, just to mix the range finding dialing up at bit at some points, but overall a propper gp course.
    Have to say i think the 10 mini kills worked well today in not bringing the ranges down at times but i missed 2 25 ml kills for wind, both at 30 yards. More practise lol
    Lots of hard work gone into making walking/ footing as good as possable and considering thr rain leading up to the shoot it was well worth the effort. The course generall looked great as well. Even the sun came out!

Very well done to all that hit 40+ and of course top respect to Kev for the 45, even though i wanted to re-test his gun on the chrono when he told me he did not come out of kill lol! top shooting.

Thanks to sponsores Highland outdoors for the raffle prize,I just could not believe my ears when i heard that name called. I wondered why he was smelling of rosses! lol.

Thanks to Pat and Chris for doing stats and everyone else that had a part in the day.

14. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    gp5

it was a good hard course ,the wind was just evil ,blloody good day ,but can we rain instead of sun as it killed me ,
    i have realised that i need to carry more fluids ,take some food and loose some wieght ,
    i struggled phisically on the last few lanes so i need to address my fitness ..or lack of it

enjoyed the day .nice to see connor over for a shoot .and as always nice to meet up with some good friends for a chat .and hope all had a safe trip home

and yes i couldnt soding belive my ears when peter i could fall in **** and come out smeeling of roses ,arms dealer.won the raffle ....

i have a few pics but will put them up later

15. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    thanks to all the welsh lads for a great shoot luverly weather , great company thanks dave n karl, to all that shot well , good on ya , it was difficult day to say the least, once again lads thanks.:):):):)

16. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Well done

Well done to Kev on the win and anyone in the forties, I take my hat off to you especially anyone in the afternoon session.
    Well what can I say, fantastic course, superb- a proper GP! It was great to be back over again to a fantastic ground but no one warned me about that wind...it was sickening, just refused to do what it was supposed to do, at one stage I felt as if I was in the Bermuda Triangle:eek:
    Great to meet up with the Nelson lads again, great company...Briege reckons your all nuts:D
    Special mention to Simon Tipping putting in a lot of hard work on the course. Nat Land needs a mention also...fantastic buns:p

Conor

P.S. John Parry's face was a picture when Kev's pellet hit the chrono table approx 8" away from his family jewels.:eek:

17. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Team big nikko captain

Well done kev cracking shooting with that wicked wind.
    thanks to all involved for a great day out .
    simon

18. Miss England

Miss England Mr. Kipling has nothing on me

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers, South Dorset, Parkstone
    Big Thankyou :)

Thanks Nelson for a great GP, the ground was stunning and I liked the course... The wind was tricky but it was the heat that I struggled with... nearly passing out about 6 lanes from the end... I said to Shaun and Paula that I may have to concede as I felt so unwell (combination of mega painkillers being taken and heat exhaustion) but Shaun was my knight in shining armour giving me an apple, water and Paula ensuring I sat down in the shade... I managed to recoup enough to finish the course. I may also note that as we started on lane 2 we had a long walk back to lane 1 as our last lane and Shaun stated quite clearly that he was going to carry my gun back and the only answer I was allowed to give was "ok and thankyou".... Thanks to shaun and Paula not only for the great company but for looking after me :)

The 3.5 hour car journey to the ground did no favours for my back and hip and I was having to take more pain killers than normal and this morning (monday) I found myself carted off in an ambulance as back gave out completely... have been pumped full of morphine, dazapane, paracetamol, various spasm releiving drugs more morphine and have been sent home with more morphine with physio appointment Tomorrow... Now have crutches as walking is more than a little painful....... Bugger!!!!

I will be fit and ready for Iceni tho.... Mind numbing pain is not enough to stop me coming to a shoot!!!

On the up side.... I shot out of my skin and equalled my best GP score so far of 31.... Not only great for me, but even better seeing as many others were dropping well below their average scores... I found myself halfway up the A grade table and am bathing in the glory of beating such top shooters as Justin Wood (this is the second time I have beaten you Woody.... watch out..), Ian Stoddart (you can do better my friend), not to mention being only 7 behind my beloved Rob, and John Costello having 35... Im catching you too..... I was 10 behind you at Wendover... have narrowed the gap to only 4!!!!

Despite the pain issues I am LOVING ft and will continue to put my all into every shoot so watch this space this young lady will be a permanent fixture and I plan to leave no target un hit!!!!!

Morphene working now.... have waffled far too much..... Thanks everyone for a great day... see you in Icene :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  19. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    And on the plus side, i've got 100ml of morphine around my place for the evening :D

20. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Helen if you remember i did warn you jokingly to turn back at the beginning of the 2nd field, wind was horrible! Hope you feel better now although painful sounds like the wind was a piece of cake compared to what you had to put up with;) Nos your opportunity for some extra TLC from Rob:)