Got my springer shooting well now!

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by john0neuk, Dec 14, 2017.

1. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Just spent sometime fettling my Pro Sport.

Followed the trigger tutorial on line, (Which is excellent by the way) and also did the polishing the internals etc, thought I would give it a go prior to considering a tuning kit. It is shooting a really consistent 776 - 780.
    Then had a go setting it up at a local indoor range, See attached - bottom left and top right were zeroing bottom right a 5 shot group, also did 5 x 10 shot groups on another card - fine tuned zero and then thought - as things were going well I would try a couple of Bench rest shots. All the attached were at 25 yards and indoors off a front bench rest bag - so not anything special - but still pleased the gun is shooting really well post my fiddling. I am relatively new to springers and still learning re hold sensitivity and trigger technique etc - but think the gun in standard "blue printed" tune has potential - a good days work and very enjoyable.
    May even try a couple of full benchrest cards next - now there is a thought Springer benchrest comps!

Kr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    RobF and Neil180 like this.
  2. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

The trigger polish really works well at making a good trigger even better. I have 8 TX's and I've done this to 5 of them. The others just seemed too good to mess with. Guns that are accurate in standard trim, like your PS, only get better with a little TLC. I set all my triggers in the 3-4 oz. range since I prefer a really light trigger. I keep a fairly long first stage as sort of an extra margin of safety. Practice makes perfect or nearly perfect, with a spring gun, and I need to practice a lot more to get back to my old form.

3. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Can't Re Member

John do you have a link to the trigger fettling tutorial ?

I 'd be interested to see that .

ta
    phil

4. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Phil it was on a tutorial on here in media last week - by Neil180 page 3 or 4 on the media section here. It was for the TX but exactly the same for the pro sport. I did a lot more polishing as I did all the sear sides etc as well. Not sure if necessary but I was enjoying myself so just went for it. The other one which I found was on another forum where he polished everything inside incl cylinder re hone and shimming of Delrin sliders etc. And finished everything off with a dry PTFE coating on a lot of stuff. I just did the polishing and re lub - not the heating and PTFE bit and didnt have shim material - again I will try and see if I can find it I think it was on Airgun BBS or similar.

Trigger video is here for convenience

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  5. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    The other blue print thread is on AA Pro Sport Bluprint Tune- Project smoooooooooth

Hope I am not breaking any copyright or anything as they are all available on here or on line open forums. If I am Rob please remove

6. Neil180

Neil180 Member

Just for reference - you can do what you like with my videos - I made them so help folks out :)

Glad you found it useful :D

7. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Cheers Neil,

I should have asked first, apologies - just for the record they are great and very timely as I was only thinking that I fancied a play with my Pro Sport!

Neil180 likes this.
  8. Neil180

Neil180 Member

Not at all mate - they are in the public domain. I am just glad that you found them useful :D