Golden Bunny Poll

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Neil-T, Mar 8, 2014.

?

Golden Bunny

1. Enter it if you knew it was over 50yds

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Enter it regardless of distance

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Enter it if was set at a reasonable distance for all to stand a chance of hitting it

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    After trying to get some stats from the Masters and Clubs cup about the Golden Bunny, I have decided to post a poll on the subject. The stats I have so far are:
    I know that only 19 shooters hit the target which was for me 53yds.
    I don't know how many shooters actually paid the £2 ( which was £1 above the norm) but am certain in guessing it was at least 50 as there were 2 cash prizes of £50 which was paid out from the entries.

So my poll is based on just 3 options.

1. Would you still enter a golden bunny if you knew the distance of the target to be over 50 yds
    2. Would you enter it regardless of not knowing the distance.
    3. Would be more inclined to enter it if you knew it was set at a reasonable distance for most shooters of all grades standing a chance of hitting it.

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Happy Bunny

I think it should be made compulsory for the person handing the winning's out to smile,no matter who has won :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

3. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    If the target has to be a "gimme" - why bother having one?

Just draw names from a hat

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Gimme

Because it gives EVERYBODY shooting that day a chance of winning something . do people really think that a C grader is gonna put his hard earned dosh into something he has no chance of winning . surely that is the whole point of having a golden bunny . even stevens , every body in with a chance . it is NOT a skill comp , it is a bit of a laugh . ??? HOLLY:)

5. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Neil, The mfta winter league had 10 shoots, Every one had an easy target for the golden bunny, I don't know if it was a mistake or intended at the masters for the bunny to be a 53 yarder?:eek: But If it was up to me, A winter league shoot would be 6 quid with the extra pound going towards the golden bunny...Then u could put it on any target....stander, kneeler, 35 yard reducer, 55 yarder etc....makes it more interesting in my opinion....on a different point wot about a few sideshoots at winter league shoots...long range, reducers 5 shots for a pound...top score wins the cash....:):):)

6. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    So - I ask again - why not scrap the target and draw the winner from a hat containing all the shooters?

7. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    This is what WAFTA do, all shooters go in the hat..... Everyone gets a chance at something then.....

8. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Golden bunny

All the points of view raised on this subject which have been said to me are going to be raised at the next MFTA meeting. Any shooter wishing to propose change on this subject please tell your club rep so your opinion can be noted. Any change will be made via the correct proceedure.

Gilly.:)

9. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    golden bunny

1. no
    2. ?
    3. yes

hope this answers your question.
    IMHO the golden bunny should be the equivalent of a raffle. all grades are present and should have a good chance of winning.

10. scruff

scruff Member

Club:
    purley chase
    just for fun

I was very disappointed with the golden bunny at castle....time and time again us shooters at the bottom of the pile are forgotten about....the winter league courses and gps are put out with a lot of help from all grades....:eek:o

11. shootist

shootist Banned

What's a golden bunny?

12. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    It's an Easter bunny that gets shot every year ;-).

13. j.waterfield

j.waterfield Member

Club:
    Harriers and Old Pheasant Pen Wood Field Target
    Golden bunny

Ha Ha Ha

Very funny ol pal

John Waterfield

14. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    It's a coloured faceplate usually yellow like egg fried rice.

15. DEBS

DEBS Member

Club:
    Castle
    A good shot!

It's a pre designated target that shooters hope they can hit in order to be entered into a raffle really. If your good enough you' ll pop it over and be in the raffle to win the money. If your sh@te you'll miss it and not be in the raffle.

16. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    To cater for all grades Dave. I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure there always someone who misses even an easyish target.

17. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Think a lot of it boils down to how unstable you are in general , whether this is down to technique of just mentally unstable when faced with an easy shot.

Some people crumble and can be a right achillies heel

18. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Everyone I have spoken to who shot the Masters and clubs cup, and this includes a lot of top shooters, expressed that the golden bunny on that day was too long.

The stats speak for themselves when a minimum of 50 shooters have entered into it and only 19 have actually hit it.

Now it would be interesting to know how many "C" and "B" grade shooters paid to enter it, and how many of those 2 lower grades hit it.

IMO it was a target put out for the Masters, ( and was a "AA" grade shot) and totally ignoring the Clubs cup of which the teams were made up of a lot of "B" and even "C" grade shooters who stood little or no chance of hitting it. Well done to any shooter in the lower grades that actually did hit it.

My next question, and I know its none of my business what other clubs do with monies raised in competitions, But I was of the opinion that all money raised from the golden bunny went back into the draw. Am I right that there were 2 prizes of £50.? So 50 shooters paying £2 each covers this. But I still don't know how many shooters actually entered the Golden bunny, but if it was more than 50, then all the money raised from it did not go back into it.

Neil.

19. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    The lot

All money taken at the Masters Golden Bunny entry was paid out in prize money.

20. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Perhaps instead of the Golden Bunny get none other than Castle's Sean Quigley down to do a raffle with the score cards.