Going green(ish)

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Twang, May 29, 2011.

1. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    Hmmm ! taboo subject this amongst those of us in the pursuit of precision ... lead pellets :rolleyes: Leave as is I say :D but we need to do some head banging to make our targets a bit greener (No, no Berty - I don't mean spray 'em a nice minty colour..that's not helping at all...). I've posted some pictures of a target, with anti-splatter modifications, and a collector from the shrapnel on our web-site www.freewebs.com/nftac/apps/photos/ ('cos I don't know how to do it on here..). This, in theory, would take approx. 15 minutes per target, costs next to bugger all, and assuming that the average hit rate from a competion is about 70% from a competition (all grades included in the total), we're going to be recirculating nearly three quarters of a tin :) Now, what YOU guy's need to do is come up with a solution for the face plate, for those plonkers who keep missing :D ahem ! Ive thought about a serrated steel matting on the face plate, but this would put off a lot people. I hope derek P is reading this too - 'cos he's a clever bloke and am sure he'll be jumping in with both feet ! What have you got ? ;)

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. Twang

Twang New Member

Club:
    Isfjorden FTK
    First trial

15 hits on the paddle gave a tally of about 12 in the collector tray, and zero spatter on the rear of the faceplate outside of the pellet tin circumference...not bad for a begining ;)

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    cool... could save some lead for the scrappy after a while as well.