GinB Stocks...thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Shaqa, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

Gidday all, this is probably a bit late to start asking but I am wondering what experiences people have had with GinB stocks? I have booked one personally (after hearing only good things) to go on my X2, but its always good to hear what others have experienced.

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Stocks are a personal thing as we're all different shapes, but for me, the GinB FT stock no.1 is the best stock shape I've ever shouldered. The pistol grip area (mine is stippled with finger grooves) is perfect for my hand and the comb is the right height when extended to its highest.

I've got long legs so the forend depth is about right for me shooting off the knee. If I need any more height for targets in trees I just rest the stock on my hand on the knee. Within a few weeks of fitting it my kneeling shots had improved massively and standing had improved a bit too. This is improvement over a standard sporter stock.

3. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

Cheers Adam. The stock Ive ordered is the FT09, and Im getting it with an horizontally adjustable butt and shoulder hook. Hopefully its got enough adjustment to cope with my body dimensions.

4. Andy006

Andy006 Member

I actually find them heavy and un-balanced, but thats just me.:) They look nice and I have had two.

Regards

Andy

5. skipper

skipper New Member

I have a no13 on a Tx200 and it has turned a mans gun into a muscle mans gun :cool:

Its a lovely bit of kit but its now to heavy for the missus to handle so might have to change it unfortunatly !

[​IMG]

6. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Each to his own; I find them heavy and well-balanced. :)

7. Feral

Feral New Member

I had one on my Steyr... heavy and well balanced as well unfortunately too heavy for me for comfort... lovely piece of wood and excellent craftsmanship.

8. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Ginb make some great stock I have had two the ft1 and the one in the picture on my old FWB P70.

Attached Files:

9. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    ginb

Here's a better pic.

Attached Files:

10. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I've had two, a standard stock and a stock made to measure. Never got on well with either as well as I should have, I'm convinced the cheek piece shape doesn't help the way I shoot. Andrea has one on her 400, it's made to my measurements and the front end has been milled out to make it lighter. She really likes and wouldn't have anything else, I prefer Paul Wilson stocks but the one's I can get my cheek bone on top of as opposed to in.

Like all things shooting related, you need to try a few to find out what suits.

Ryan

11. AirArmsDavid

AirArmsDavid Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Brilliant stocks!

I have....erm....eight at the last count and have had countless more in the past!

Latest Pro Sport one on its way (shown sanded, ready for oiling)........

Attached Files:

12. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

Hi all, I have just received and fitted the FT No.9 to my X2, which they inletted especially. At first glance it is so well made I thought I might just hang it on the wall where it wouldnt be scratched or damaged lol. Anyway I cannot get over the fact that it fitted perfectly without any issues at all, something I thought was pretty impressive since it had come from almost the other side of the world!
    It is heavier than the old Daystate ambi stock, but it does feel well balanced. It has the adjustable hampster, cheek piece, horizontally adjutable butt and hook in oiled sono kembong. I havent got out for a shot with it yet and I guess that will be the real test.
    One thing I did find though was with the bigger stock it doesnt fit as well in the gun case which means I might have to shoot without the silencer(or remove it when I transport the rifle anywhere, and my gun cabinet needs some extension as well.
    But I cannot praise the Ginb people enought for a beautiful product. A fantastic service and extremely easy to deal with.

13. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I'd advise either leaving a silencer on or off... i've seen quite a few randon POI shifts with silencers being added/removed.

14. Shaqa

Shaqa New Member

I know what you mean Rob. I think I'll try the rifle without it to start with, re-adjust the POI and see how it goes. the ony problem is that without the silencer it sounds like a rimfire .22. That doesnt bother me, but it may upset others.