Get together in SA

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by loopyloo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Well ive been chatting to a few on the SA forum and they wish to give us somewhere to practise also arrange a get together for the evening of wed 23rd

Its still being sorted but dont see the date changing as i did say most of the lads going from england and wales will be landing on monday if your landing later sorry was going with majority.

Times will follow

Krokodilspruit Shooting Range is the shooting range and facilites there are said to be very good only 5km away from championship venue.

Could those that are going to SA and would like to stay in touch with each other as we are staying at different venues and meet up at the range please can you e.mail me your details of where/how long your staying and how to contact you.

im sure they are not really trying to nobble the opposition :D

loopy

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    i'm staying with Rockdrill (Dale)... it's a bit of a treck away but has it's own range :)

are you taking a phone out there?

3. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    yes

mostly as an alarm clock but i dont see why texts are a different price was going to check with my provider.

you will still come for a get together though dale too think it sounds more like an afternoon do.

loopy

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
  4. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Not sure what our little party will be getting up to on Wednesday but we only land that morning so I expect food will be a priority that evening!

Plus I hope to make use of the hotel facilities, if everything is as it seems.

I think it will be a good idea to make sure we can stay in touch out there and I'll forward my mobile and maybe some of the others numbers too before we go, looks like it will be cheaper to ring than text, I might even pick up a cheap pay and go out there for local calls.

I noticed the South Africans have got a picture of their team up on the website, are they trying to intimidate us?:D

5. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    well you have all day by the pool ;)

british bulldogs we are :eek: they cant intimidate us

yep mick has the jowls alright i have the stubborness

loopy

6. dozbadthebad

dozbadthebad NEFTA Clasic 2018

Club:
    NELSON
    me su and berty and all the welsh boyos will be at the mutango lodge happy days just let us know what your all doing you know we welsh love a party
    doz :cool:

7. RobF

Club:
    cool... i guess that will be the hub...

i'll have to see if i can dig out my old unlocked phone charger and see if i can get a sim for it...

8. RobF

Club:
    for those on vodafone... SA isn't covered by their passport system

here are the rates... (the ones at the bottom... rest of the world)

http://www.abroad.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-world/

not too bad... although i don't think i'll be surfing the net out there !:eek: