UKAHFT Gathering rule changes

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Documentation and Forms' started by Scooby, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Sorry Dave I already have things organised for the Gathering but if I come over to Tawd on Sunday then it's a deal :D

2. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    No special occasion needed to come to Tawd m8, you are always welcome.

3. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

cards that have been ammended

I seems to me that there is one easy way around this and that is that YOU not your partner should sign your card .this must be done on completion of the shoot .
    If you find there is a problem with your partners numbers on your card you get a marshall and the three of you get in changed if your shooting partner has maybe put a one when it should have been a two but you dont sign it untill you are happy that your score card is complete and correct.

I defy any-one to tell me that if you know you have missed 2 targets and I tell you at the end of a shoot that you have scored a 58 you would not even look at the card and just hand it in the the score tent,but what if I marked a one down and changed it to a 2 instantly as I corrected my mistake and never told you as I thought the correction was OK ,your score card would be deducted 1 point for no reason as you yourself did not see that corrected mistake .

So my above proposed rule change would take all the onus off the UKAHFT and put it on to the individual to make sure his card was correct at the time of the completion of the shoot .
    If there was a allteration on the card that had then not been signed by the marshall of the day then it must be deemed to have been done after the shoot was finished and his score for that target be given as a ZERO

IT HAS WORKED FOR THE GAME OF GOLF FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SO I;M THINKING IT MAY WORK FOR UKAHFT
    and then maybe the people in charge could get the shoot-offs ready in peace.

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

We have to remember there are two type of alterations on a card,

1) A mistake in marking by your shooting partner who then can't be arsed to own up to this mistake & get it signed by a marshal.

2) Alterations made by the shooter after they have left the course & before they hand their cards in.

We need all shooters to get into the habit of getting any alterations signed by a marshal as they happen & then at the end of the course your partner will sign the card to say they have scored the card & are happy with it.

The onus has & always will be one the individual shooter, it is upto them to ensure that their card is filled in properly, this is easily done by checking it as you score your partner/s.

Any & all altered cards not signed by a marshal will be re-scored appropriately, this doesn't mean any slight mistake but if a"1" has clearly been overwritten with a "2" then the target will be scored as a "1"

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

So are we doing it kneeling then :D

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Is there no cheating in golf at all then Ian ???

7. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

cheating in golf

Is there a game with people involved that somene at sometime has not tried to get that extra from the game ,and the answer has got to be yes there is cheating in every sport.
    All I mentioned golf for was if you sign your card you are signing to say its true at the time of signing with your partner present and its easy to see if its been allterd after that because it wont be signed by the marshall in the UKAHFT.
    How many times did the UKAHFT alter a card on Sundays shoot and mark it down ??
    If the answer to that is one or more then I think that the method of signing a card by the shooter himself would lower that number .
    It must be very disstressing for the U KAHFT to have to tell people they have deducted their score when the said people dont know what they are on about .
    Anyway all the best and we will see you all at Emely .
    Ian

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Ian,

To be honest I don't find it distressing at all to re-score a card that has been altered, it's a job that needs to be done & once people realise that any alterations not signed by a marshal will be marked down they will start to check their cards, score their partners cards correctly & these incidents will be dramatically reduced.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  9. mpr

mpr might not remember

Club:
    quarry hunters
    what I do

When I fill in the cards for my shooting partners.I call out the score I record

10. Abdiel

Abdiel Member

Club:
    Tondu FTC
    Well Done MPR,
    that has to be some kind of record for thread resurrection :)

11. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Maybe Andrew thinks he is six years younger ;)

12. rogb

rogb Member

I don't find extreme thread revival distressing at all:D

13. Aledimaggio

Aledimaggio Member

Club:
    Field Target Italia
    hello all, where can I find the regulation hunter field target ?.
    in particular care about the shooting positions.
    thanks in advance.

14. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Well-Known Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    I would maybe try the BFTA website?

15. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Well-Known Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Sorry ukahft website! Miss read the post!

16. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
  17. Aledimaggio

Aledimaggio Member

Club:
    Field Target Italia
    Thank you.