Gary Cane stocked HW 77 Vauation

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Waldo, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Gary Cane stocked HW 77 Valuation

I`m thinking of selling my .177 MK1 HW 77 . its in a Gary Cane LH Stock not a mark on it! the rifle has Vmach 25mm compression tube and piston, 8mm short stroked with Walther seal, Wonky Donky spring and guides and set up by Dave.
    Has a mamba shroud, with Race muzzle break and a Vmach match trigger and safety .
    The action has been subtly engraved by Don Blocksidge .
    Shoots beautifully and likes Superdomes.
    Selling to fund another rifle :D so how much should I ask for it ?.
    Pictures of stock and action.
    http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chorley/library/Gary Cane Stock HW97 or 77
    http://s22.photobucket.com/user/cho... HW100T/Custom HW77 in Gary Cane Stock 291114

Regards Gordon..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    I can't value it, but that's a beautiful rifle.

Good luck! :)

3. Scottie

Scottie New Member

very nice indeed

4. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Furnace mill, & Kingsley HFT
    very tasty indeed :).
    I have no idea on the value sorry.

5. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    your not helping lads :D:D:D

6. teadrinker

teadrinker New Member

Lovely thing, frame it on the wall.

.. or ask 75% of what it cost you?

7. mikeyblue

mikeyblue Member

Probably worth about £50. As I'm such a nice chap I would give you £60 to take it off your hands

Lovely looking rifle.

Mikey.

8. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Go away !!:D:D:p

9. skires

skires Well-Known Member

It's such a unique and lovely thing ... and left handed ... so you are looking for a leftie that is willing to pay the right price and own the rifle.

It's also a full length 77 and not the K. So people who may want to use it for target would want the k version ... and no one is going to want to take an hacksaw to it. Maybe no one would want to drag that around a course anyway.

I like my target comp guns to be scarred and ugly ( like me ).

I've just roughly worked out in my head what it would cost for a standard rifle and to have all the extra bits done/added on ... I reckon you are around a 1000 quid ( maybe more ... sorry if I'm way out ). The stock alone may be worth more than my estimation of the stock's cost. The markings are lovely. I had little idea of the engraving.

You may get more replies re value if you could give an idea of what the tuning, Mamba sleeve, stock and engraving cost. Probably a bit cheeky and personal ... but it's you that is asking for an estimate.:D

So probably in the 6 - 700 quid selling on price.

It's just down to demand and what you can get ... and what you would let it go for.

Unless you have a serious collector interested I don't know who would pay that sort of money for a s/h springer.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  10. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Quoting what I paid for it is not a problem. It was finished a little over 18mths ago .Cost including stock, action re-blue and parts as listed it cost £1500 . At the time I had no intention of ever selling it, but as we all know aspirations change, and another rifle is on the horizon. At the end of the day I won`t give it away ,but as it`s not being used enough and I don`t want to mark the stock, it seems sensible to move it on while it is in mint condition. It`s at times like this I`d give my left arm to be right handed :D:D Regards Gordon.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  11. Sake-San

Sake-San La Vieille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    Given the mint condition then 60-70% of the replacement value would seem a reasonable aspiration but, as you note the left handed spec may require some patience to find the buyer.

12. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Thanks for the honest reply Gordon.

My apologies for guessing the original cost was around £1000. I was 50% out. The stock does have wonderful markings and the engraving is lovely. The whole outfit is a nice thing.

I threw a price out there as I thought we would be here for ever with folk praising it's beauty but no one wanting to state a number.

Given that it cost £1500 then it suggests the sell on value may be 2/3rds that. It seems an insult though that a mint example only gets 2/3rds the cost. As we all know some special things go up in value.

It's really back to ... is there a lefthander out there that really wants this enough to pay you what you would be prepared to let it go for.

Given that it's so special and in mint condition I would put it up for sale at £1500 and see if anyone comes in, or what offers you get via pm ( you have probably already had some ). If you really want it to go and you get no offers at that price then you will have to have a figure in your head that you would let it go for and see if any offers come in over that.

I'd be harvesting my own body parts, to buy the new rifle, before I'd let it go for silly money.

Good luck fella.

13. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    The sum total of useable body parts would be less than 1500 squid worth :D. I won`t let it go cheaply rest assured ;):D Thanks for the advice buddy :)