GAPacity side wheel

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Spencer Freeman, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Spencer Freeman

Spencer Freeman New Member

What would be the best way to go about setting up my new GAPacity side wheel. I've fitted to my Nikko 10-50x60 scope and need to mark it up. I was thinking of cutting a strip of masking tape and sticking this to wheel then setting out targets at 2.5yd intervals from 10 to 55yds and marking this onto tape. I can then peel off tape and transfer marks onto a permanent tape.

2. JoostB

JoostB New Member

Club:
    Target177
    I would use something without any stretch, like a strip of regular paper. Tape it onto the side wheel at both ends in a way you can easily loosen the tape again. When you are done marking the distances take off the paper put it on the table and copy it to the material that you are going to use permanently.

Spencer Freeman likes this.
  3. Spencer Freeman

Spencer Freeman New Member

4. terryn

terryn New Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen
    Hi Spencer,
    May I suggest you put the tape you are intending to use directly onto the wheel. At each of the ranges put a small dot with a pen.
    If you are then using something like a Rowan stick on range label when you apply it to the tape it will cover the small dot you
    have put on the tape. This is the most accurate way I have found of marking ranges with no chance of anything moving.
    If in doubt most of the guys at the club would be happy to help.

Terry

Scootah and Spencer Freeman like this.
  5. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Mark your ranges onto temporary tape wrapped round the wheel as you've already said, then peel off the tape (after marking your zero point on the wheel itself) , stick to a sheet of paper then scan into a computer and make up the final tape using this as a template. Finally print out, either onto waterproof paper or use normal paper with a layer of sellotape stuck on top and double sided tape underneath. then stick the final tape on the wheel lining up to to your previously marked zero point.

Andy P likes this.