Gammo Compact Pistol

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by KNIFEMAN, May 23, 2012.

1. KNIFEMAN

KNIFEMAN New Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FT
    Just got a new Gammo Compact target pistol, well one thing it it is not is a target pistol. It has a nice set grips ideal for target shooting but the trigger is a joke. I can only hope others have been more fortunate although from what I have since read on the web there are quite a few who have had problems with the trigger. First off it is touted as having a 750 gram let off weight, with a LOGUN electronic trigger guage mine let off at 1900 gram very nearly 4.25lbs in old money. I have shot 10m competitively in the past, with a trigger pull this heavy you would be hard pushed to be any good. Add to the weight of pull the amount of creep and you have no idea when it it would fire. So I tried it two handed off a bench and had yet another dissapointment the pellets would not punch a clean hole in a 10m target ( yes I used wads) they tore long holes as if they were tumbling.Out with the chrono and got an average 363ft per sec( about 2.4 ft lbs). To get a nice clean hole the Gammo needs at least nearer 450ft per sec. So this means a strip down and a trigger job, Ive done trigger jobs on Colt 1911,s when we were allowed full bore weapons so the trigger should be no problem, but if anyone can tell me how to boost the power output please do. I,ll keep you posted in part two on how it goes.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. callahan

callahan New Member

funny that as i can shoot my gammo better than my walther lp300

3. KNIFEMAN

KNIFEMAN New Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FT
    RE gamo compact

Callahan if you can shoot the Gamo better than the Walther lp300 would you mind letting me know what scores you can get with the Gamo, I would be happy to swop my Gamo for your redundant Walther. I have done the Gamos trigger and it now breaks at 800grams but is still in my opinion down on MV. What MV are you getting from your gammo( I am useing H&N match pellets)