FX streamline

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Gavin Todd, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Gavin Todd

Gavin Todd New Member

Club:
    Castle Field
    Does anyone or has anyone own or shot FT with fx streamline?
    How does it perform?
    Thoughts please as I’m considering buying.
    Thanks for any info

Attached Files:

2. Pauly5

Pauly5 New Member

Club:
    Wellington Airgunners. (WAG)
    I once had to use a .177 Cyclone for a couple of events, and it went well, but I get the feeling the older smooth twist barrels aren't as accurate in .177. I'm not sure how much help that is for you.

Gavin Todd likes this.
  3. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    I think I may have already answered your question on AirgunBBS, so at the risk of repeating myself.

Unless the design has been changed, the standard single shot pellet 'device' is utter rubbish, get in touch with SWM, his tray slots straight in and is excellent: SMWEngineering

The STX smooth twist is as pellet fussy as anything I have ever shot and mine likes 'bigger' pellets, so the standard fare of 4.48 to 4.50 JSB's and Air Arms (don't believe the label on the tin) are no good. I have found JSB heavies to go extremely well as do most H&N pellets, my most accurate groups have been achieved with H&N Barracuda FT pellets, so you need to do all the usual pellet testing but with less usual suspects.

Mine does not like a clean barrel and it REALLY doesn't like being cleaned with a pull through. This is confirmed by the American shooters, which I found on line after I had cleaned the barrel with a pull through (of course).

The rifle is light, so will take a heavy scope, the trigger is pretty good, far better than most of the Air Arms range, and it is accurate. Mine will cope with HFT or FT ranges and account pretty well for itself and is about to be pressed into service as a bench rest rifle.

Gavin Todd likes this.
  4. Gavin Todd

Gavin Todd New Member

Club:
    Castle Field

Really appreciate you taking the time to reply, thank you for this information I have actually been in touch with Stuart smw engineering so I’m glad you have confirmed his tray being better.
    Regards to it being pellet fussy I can definitely live with that as my current Airwolf mct I have only come across 1 pellet it likes. Really appreciate the list of pellets to try first.
    I would never have known about not cleaning the barrel with a pull through
    Top man Thank you

5. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    I have reviewed rifles on and off for the last 15 years and I always start with a clean barrel, shoot a few pellets and clean again.... wrong.

I know that some barrels take a while to 'lead in' again, but I really thought I had done some damage, I just kept shooting Wasps, or something equally soft and eventually it all came back together, I have not cleaned it since.

It does not like all bigger pellets, I have tried plenty that don't work, you just need to go through the usual hideously expensive process, you may also find a batch of AA or JSB's that do work. I had a tin of JSB's that were utterly useless in everything, they were spot on through the STX, but as I only had one tin, they were soon gone.

Gavin Todd likes this.
  6. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

So far, Iam quite impressed with the couple I have played with. The actions are about as good as fx have made in sub 12.
    The acz chassis is nice. But my God the grips are terrible.
    The trigger reach is also incredibly short, one of the compromises fitting various actions into essentially the same chassis.

I'm working on one currently,
    Longer fore end/hamster
    Reprofiled grip that allows greater adjustment for trigger reach
    And the cheek piece is far more aggressive in its profile,and about 2" longer than the factory offering.

Gavin Todd likes this.