FWB300 20 yard indoor benchrest

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Paul_T, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Hello
    Has anyone had any success using an FWB 300 for indoor NSRA style (no rear rest) benchrest?
    My FWB has a much better trigger than my current benchrest rifle, an s200 in an ACZ ultra stock.
    Im trying to decide if it would be accurate at 20 yards with somthing like JSB exact RS, they manage around 650 fps.

Any options welcome.

Cheers
    Paul

2. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    I used a FWB300SU for 3/4 of a season on a 2 bag setup, was quite accurate, but switched to an Original 75 which was more accurate, but more hold sensitive!

Quite an easy rifle to get good results the FWB300

Geoff.

3. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Thanks for the reply Geoff I'll give it a go. Do reckon it would be better with the lighter JSB exact RS or my usual go to pellet AA field?

Thanks
    Paul

4. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    Didn’t seem to matter with mine, it’s only 20m after all, so use what groups best rather than flies fastest.

Would leave the Fwb300 for springer benchrest though, and get the trigger on the pcp sorted. My springer scores are still lower than pcp.

5. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Cheers Geoff unfortunately the s200 is notorious for having a pretty poor trigger. I've managed to get mine to a fairly crisp 250g anything less and it wont cock. That required sear polishing, shim's turning, grub screws rounding and a spring guide turning on the end of the weight screw.

After all that my 45+ year old FWB trigger breaks like glass at 125g.

I really need to buy an Anschutz but can't fund it yet:(.

6. azuaro

azuaro Senior Member

FWB 300 and 300 S are very popular for BR here in the USA...We have had good success at 25 meters OUTDOORS using 8.4's or 10.34's depending on wind...Indoors 8.4's will outperform 10.34's.

Regards,

AZ

7. Paul_T

Paul_T Member

Thanks Azuaro.
    I think I need to get to the range and give it a go. I have a good stock of 8.4's and I'll probably try the 7.3 Rs as well.