FWB P70 FT Dioptres wanted

Discussion in 'FWB' started by mav78, Jun 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mav78

mav78 novice precisioneer

Club:
    Garc
    Hi Folks,
    I recently got my paws on the above and what a belter of a rifle, apart from the pointless plastic cocking lever.. whats all that about.. could FWB not be bothered when they got to one of the most used parts. Anyway that aside it really is an excellent rifle and although it appears to be slower than the like of my Daystates and Walther the power is running constant at 11.4, I'm guessing the long barrel has something to do with this "sensation" rather than it being a reality.

The Rifle cam with scope rails etc but I want to take it back to original form and get some dioptres for it, originals if possible or as near as damn it, its taken a bit of setting up and I'm glad it aint fussed about what pellets it uses although its only really been tested at our indoor range at 25 yards so far. Im reckoning I should be getting through the same pellet hole time and again at 25 off the bench and scoped..

Anybody got any useful info or tips on this, any improvements I can make to what already is a cracking bit of kit. Any feedback is more than welcome.

Best regards

Mav

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Paul Johnson has a set of Walther Pro Diopters he was talking about selling, the front & rear are both on 18mm risers, give him a shout if you are interested

3. mav78

Club:
    Garc
    Cheers Scooby,
    the original FWB has like a square muzzle for the foresight as the original but my muzzle is just a polished cone?

Do you know where i could lay my hands on a new cocking lever, that plastic one is awful in relation to the rifle. I wont ever part with it but I wanna give it some TLC. ;)

this is how i want it to look again[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  5. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Hi Mav

I have both the FT and the match version. My match version has the external compensator and the end of the barrel has the dovetail groove on it already, whereas my FT version does not. I asked UK Neil to make me an adaptor - I am sure Jon H can do also

As said above, you can get the original sights, but check out MEC/Centre too, as they are just as good

6. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Ive got the FT version and its a stunner more accurate than i will ever be, the only thing i can fault is the fact that its flippin heavy :eek: For all things P70 related have a word with Jon Harris, jon@hareng.co.uk
    He will make a proper aluminium lever for you,the muzzle brake is Jon's work
    Here is mine :cool:

[​IMG]

7. mav78

Club:
    Garc
    P70

thats seriously nice dude, Im thinking about sticking with a scope, fallen in love wi the rifle, its like you say way more accurate than I am.. I don't find it too heavy though, but it is a heavy rifle. Im interested in getting a scope rail for it like your one, is it an air arms one you got on it?

8. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    No mate its actually a Steyr Piticanny rail. If you do buy a rail you will need to make sure the pellet loading lever clears the underside of the rail, if you look at my pic you will notice the rail is on raiser blocks, these are also made by Jon but any commercial ones will do. Some people say they have shift problems with the scope mounted on the breech and also the barrel, ive not had any problems with mine though its been spot on. If yours does move Jon makes a fully barrel mounted rail which cures the problem permanently.
    Im not an expert by any means but if you want to PM me ill send my mobile number and will help if i can.
    P.s ive got a full length Harris silencer/muzzle brake which i took off mine when i bought it (too quiet for me) which i might be persuaded to part with for the right money!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  9. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

best advice I can give mate is to ask Jon to make a single piece scope rail that fits onto the barrel only - it will virtually eliminate the need for hot/cold settings. Have a look at Maestro's thread on here to see what I mean. When I get back into shooting FT, I will get one for mine

10. mav78

Club:
    Garc
    cheers

cheers lads,
    I'll get in touch with John, Ive got a lathe a mill etc myself and reckon I can machine a few custom parts myself but I'll go wi the pros for the rails etc just now. Has Jon got hi sown threads on here also, I'll need to go have a deek, Ive seen some of his finished work and its impressive.. hoping I can bring out the best in my P70 or is it hoping it brings out the best in me ;)

much appreciated fellas.

Mav

11. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Had a quick look, but I cannot find a picture of Jon's wok :eek:

Once you find the pellet for the barrel, get them batched (weighed/sized) and it is capable of ragged one hole groups at 65 yards, they are good

Add the serial number to the FWB list we have on here too :cool:

12. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

13. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Where is the FWB list Phil? i cant find it

14. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member