FWB Model 700 conversion to FT

Discussion in 'FWB' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Nov 15, 2009.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Hi,

Am not sure this is the right area, but since its on 'kit' am going to try...

Does anyone know who in the UK, either shoots with regularly with a converted FWB 700 at FT events, or which shop/chap has done a FT conversion of a Model 700 ?

I know there are a lot of opinions, but frankly the P70 FT is too much dosh for my blood pressure....also kindly abstain from the old, yawn, yawn argument about why a 10 meter air rifle cant/shouldnt be converted due to barrel rifle twists etc...

see: an engineers amazing explanation
    http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=68886

...AND, I prefer the 'wood' look ! :D

NB: Mister :cool: Moderator, could you also create a FWB folder for the Unofficial Manufacturers , in this forum ?

Attached Files:

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I like the wooden stock, a benchrest p70 at newbury had a very nice feel to it.

Not sure about the cost though, an ally p700 i saw recently was going for £850.

3. raygun

raygun Non member

I was under the impression (maybe wrongly) that the P700 wasn't really convertible to 12 FPE and that the P70 was the way to go.

P70 in a GinB stock for HFT.

[​IMG]

ATB
    Ray.

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    YES ! Fwb 10 meter Model 700 - Power CAN be increased with a simple trick..

Sorry but we don't want instruction on how to increase the power to possible FAC levels on this forum

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  5. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Hi mate

drop wonkydonkey a PM on the airgunbbs - he is the local service agent (Telford)and will point you in the right direction - I am more than pleased with his extensive knowledge/help with all of our FWB's

ATB

Phil

6. RobF

Club:
    Not only that, but he knows his stuff about shooting :)

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Big Phil - thanks for the tip...

Scooby: I am a Law abiding citizen, and dont want to advocate other members break the law by raising their power levels beyond FAC levels, which is why I was careful to state my warning message prior to revealing what I discovered.

If anything, this is about a 10 meter rifle which already costs well over a grand, and is about uprating to 15/16 Joules. In no way , shape or form, am I advocating beyond 12 lb/ft. God forbid anyone of us has ever done this whilst servicing our own kit...and dare to admit we accidently crossed into the 'dark side'.

The golden nugget, is this can be done on an air rifle which is HALF the price of the P70FT, and currently has HALF the power - 6 lb/ft - , and have the same results from an accuracy and HFT/FT capability perspective :D

It is well know amongst the HFT & FT fraternity, what you do in privacy in your spare time, is your responsibility with your easily 'tune' at the turn of a knob on the Steyr LG110 to another power level, yet no one is banned or edited when this subject is covertly or insinuated upon...which is far greater an admission of what they have done :confused:...than my post on a 10 meter rifle capable of going upto 15/16 joules.

I appreciate the interest to protect all members from unsound advice getting anyone into trouble, but once again, this is/was not my intention; and it is certainly not willy nilly info. but a cost saving reveal...

I understanding you erring on the side of over caution, and shall abstain from revealing any tuning perspective on this forum, and will do so elsewhere (ie: US forums) in the future....even if its a cost saving tip/trick beneficial to UK fraternity members ...(for crying out loud, what has NuLbour done to this country ???)

Thank you for trying to understand my attempt (and subsequent explanation here) to reveal what I perceived to be beneficial info. to all HFT & FT shooters in the UK, on the FWB Mod. 700 air rifle.

PS: I have invested well over thousands of pounds (at this time about 8K of kit), as perhaps like you have, and other members of this forum on airguns, yet we are all cautious & responsible owners who are NOT the ones giving this sport a bad name; It is unfortunatly down to another age group better known as ferral kids, hoodies, or whatever you want to call them who have access to cheap Chinese imports, and irresponsible parents who are to blame for bringing our sport occasionally into disrepute.BTW, am sure statistically no one have ever been 'knicked' for a 'hot' FWB, Steyr, Walther or Anschutz for that matter.

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Whether of not you advocate breaking the law is not the point, the point is we don't want anything on this forum that can be used against airgunners in general. If forums start telling people how to turn up their rifles, especially when it's so nicely highlighted in red, then certain anti airgun parties will soon take notice & we could face more severe legislation.

I've not deleted you thread so people can still see that you have this information & can easily contact you for details.

Let leave it at that please:rolleyes:

9. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

very true indeed :cool:

10. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

Just another thought

the cocking mechanism on the 700 is very different to the 70 - would the lever arrangment on the 700 clear the scope when fittted? Looking at a 700 last week, I think not

ATB

Phil

11. simona

simona Active Member

There is a p700 universal out there with a full head of (legal) steam. The gentleman had to increase reg capacity and make a side cocking lever somewhat similar to an EV2 to clear the scope.

The barrel fixing is far meatier than the p70 and I'm in the process of trying to add this wicked machine to my arsenal, I really rated my p70 and this thing could potentially knock my Dominator into the spare room, for one thing, they are getting too common.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  12. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    I donwload pics from all over the place...cant recall...but would it be this one ?

If not, does anyone recognise who it belongs to ?

Its a STUNNER ! :eek:

Attached Files:

13. RobF

Club:
    was that the one we had a shoot with at Newbury at the end of last year Simon? If so it's not the one in the above pic, unless the stock has changed.

14. Jon

Jon Member

The first one if theres more than one is around Milton Keens area about 4 years ago, swapped ideas but he went the wrong way.
    Essentially the same as an 8001, 8002 and 9003 but went arse about face and made pretty much a new action with a complete new barrel mount, reg etc rather than do a certain scary mod.
    I nearly had one in 2005 but thought crap stock and too much work.
    Still that wouldnt cure the zero shift same as the one pictured above, i would put serious dosh down on that.

No where reliable to mount scope without something should we say serious, it is possible.
    Cocking needs to be changed.
    Zero shift probs same as P70 and 75, again with ultra serious work.