Fwb barrel

Discussion in 'FWB' started by rickysdaystate, Jan 30, 2013.

1. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    Anyone know if you can buy these? Fancy a longer barrel on my steyr, if so where from and how much tar

2. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    http://www.kimla.de/ ;) search for barrel.

3. madplinker

madplinker Member

Hi

I was wondering if you can fit a FWB barrel to a Steyr the new p800 ft barrel is 450mm i think in lenth i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong lol.

I would be very interested in getting this done if it can be done i am sure someone like Jon harris would be able to do it has anyone had this done to a steyr or heard of it been done ??????

Also can you get this barrel in black and would a steyr double cone stripper fit being 16mm dia ????? Can anyone help with these questions thank you :):):):):):):)

4. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I have done that but the size of the 10mt and 16J is 425mm I kept the full size making 2 sleeves the easiest way is to cut 7mm and turn a new breech and a sleeve to pass from 15mm to 16,05, the 24J is 600mm.
    The barrels at the beginning were sold only with the sleeve that is a pain to remove but now you can buy it without but they are silver and to use the Steyr stripper you will need another sleeve at the tip.
    What I recommend is turn the barrel to 14,5mm and sleeve it with a thin titanium tube with 16mm.

5. Jon

Jon Member

As Miguel said they need sleeving up from a nominal 15mm diameter to above 16.2+ dia for a proper fit.
    425mm long and might loose first 7 to 8mm.

Can only see bog standard spec Lothar Walthers listed at Kimla.

Lothar Walther make the P800 barrels had it from a good source in Germany 3 yrs ago. The P70FT made in house last small batch produced 2009 got one here cost £220.

Price will horrify Fen will quote in region of £440 for one barrel, same from Kimla circa £220 as at 2013, got one.

6. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Hi Jon,

Just pm u ref barrels

Bri

7. madplinker

madplinker Member

How long are the fwb p70 barrels and how much would one cost to be machined to fit on a steyr ???????? Also how much would a fwb p800 barrel be to be machined to fit a steyr and sleeved both ends ?????? :):):):):):)

Cheers thank you :):):):):)

8. sven

sven Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
    FWB barrels and prices on Kimla website

The Kimla.de website does list Feinwerkbau barrels and prices. 203 euro for the FT barrel (probably unsleeved??) and 188 euro for the short 10m barrel unsleeved (part no. 3.2.100.111). The list also shows the sleeved barrel for 245 euro (part no. 3.2.100.107)
    [​IMG]

These barrels being in the list does not 100% guarantee that Kimla can actually supply. But usually Kimla is a very reliable supplier. (but currently on holidays until half September).