Fwb 800 ft

Discussion in 'FWB' started by Delphinus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
  2. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    No, my friend, this is a P800 Match with a bit more power and with a scope on it. This is only the raw material for the real P800 FT which can be achieved by doing the necessary modifications :)

3. Jon

Jon Member

Bolt a cheap scope on and call it an FT model. Guaranteed to shift zero.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Do the Germans shoot FT at 6ft/lb without a licence. Can a scope be mounted on the standard target gun or is this a 6ft/lb FT gun.

5. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I suppose that is the 16J, let's wait for the pimpmaster at IWA.

Until then here is the tutti frutti.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. Jon

Jon Member

Its a 16J model

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Well ....actually Feinwerkbau were not broadcasting this at the show as at first glance It does seem like a 7.5J 10m, cosmetically pimped for German FT market....so I didnt inspect it any closer :eek:o

so, an hour ago, I did a double take....as I was flipping through the Fwb catalogue.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

She's called the: 800 X Field Target

...available in 15.0 & 20.4 Joules...and in a cheaper 'Basic' wood stock model...

:D

Attached Files:

8. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Those guys don't understand the sport how they can advertise a 16J FT rifle together with a match pellet !!???

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    A match pellet at 24j energy will have same trajectory of a Diablo at 16j :D

10. ruipereira

ruipereira New Member

If you watch carefully, the scope is not mounted on the barrel like on the P70FT.
    The front mount is fixed on the part of the action where the barrel is locked into the action (like on the other 10m air rifles that where converted to FT: LG300, LG110).

11. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

not 100% sure about the look of that set up for FT - great for 10m I am sure tho. Needs a Maestro update to stop it shifting I think

12. Jon

Jon Member

Sorted them out 7 months ago Phil, know what makes them tick and what to replace.
    The production jobby will need zero shift sorting along with the latest incarnation of reset pin which is guaranteed to work loose - costly.

13. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    The rear mount apears on a different part of the bolted together action which is what causes zero shift on the P70. The Walther and Steyr have the scope on one solid pice upon which the barel is bolted. This method eliminates the zero shift. On the P70 the scope is mounted on the barrel which elimates zero shift. Lets just hope FWB have addresed this problem with the design of the new P80.

14. Jon

Jon Member

P800 and P800X no chance far worse than any other rifle to cure and scary to do on top of normal methods.
    Should know that Jim you shot one 7 months ago.

Then theres the stabilisor reset pin guaranteed to go and needs modding before it does pack up. Or face the risk of a scrapped action. Fen know of the problem on 10m versions but still continue to produce. Not the first time theyve done similar.

15. Sammo

Sammo Member

15 Joules

15 Joules is only 11.25 ft lb
    16 Joules is 12 ft lb

I'm bemused as to why it is 15 and not 16 Joules

16. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Its prob set to 15 joules for a good reason, So you don't stray over the limit...:rolleyes:
    not that bemusing really.

17. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Fwb

Steve, our mate has the only one JH has done I think. Apparently there is not enough meat on the reg to re-machine it and he won't be doing anymore but i am sure this will change. Here is a link to the rifle. It shoots really really nice too. As good as it looks.

http://nwaf.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1933.0

Cheers.

18. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    As Jon says above, I shot a moded P800 he had. Very nice gun to shoot and looks great. Yhe real test is how it works in terms of holding zero. Have you got any feedback from the owner regarding zero shift.

19. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    As Jon says above, I shot a modded P800 he had. Very nice gun to shoot and looks great. The real test is how it works in terms of holding zero. Have you got any feedback from the owner regarding zero shift.

20. Jon

Jon Member

That was the first one Jev I have still got it.
    Second one Tony made an offer I couldn't refuse last October and is what Steve has now.

I'll let Steve reply with what he thinks, needless to say first time used in anger he done pretty well at GP2.

Theres a massive difference what Fen will be selling which will need expensive scary putting right before a tin of pellets goes through it, or risk scrapping the action
    The two above are right and don't move zero, done the extreme tests and know what moves and what dont. Got piccies that would shock most but had to be done.
    Parts available from end of June.