furnace mill endurence 90 comp 10/10/15

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by mikmon, Oct 10, 2015.

1. mikmon

mikmon Member

What a great day firstly can myself Ed and Jane thank everyone who came to furnace mills 90 target endurance shoot today and making it a great day some of whom travelled some distance hope your all home safe, some great shooting and great scores today, talking of scores id like to congratulate Gordon Burns on his clear round on the first course i believe its his first clearance well done mate !

well at the end of the day the top shooters were very close but top honours went to Dave Taylor well done Dave great constant shooting, and congrats to the other class winners. not forgetting miss Birch

thanks to all who helped out in the setting up and running of the comp today its much appreciated

scores for the day as follows

1st Dave Taylor 58 58 55 171
    2nd Stuart James 56 59 55 170
    3rd Tony Male 58 58 53 169
    4th James Mc Machlan 55 58 56 169
    5th Gordon Burns 60 56 53 169
    6th Kev Brookes 55 56 56 167
    7th Nigel Oram 55 53 56 164
    8th Gra Cole 56 53 54 163
    9th James Jackson 54 55 53 162
    10th Kev Clarke 57 52 50 159
    11th Bill Birch 53 52 53 158
    12th Lee Ellis 54 52 50 156
    13th Dan McMahon 50 50 56 156
    14th Mick Fern 55 47 53 155
    15th Kenny Swift 56 47 50 153
    16th Rob Lamerton 53 52 48 153
    17th Matt Taylor 49 50 54 153
    18th Simon Hilton 48 54 51 153
    19th Nigel Smith 52 50 48 150
    20th Dave Hemmings 50 46 50 146
    21st Stuart Hill 52 50 43 145 R
    22nd Nick Aldridge 52 45 47 144
    23rd Geoff Jones 50 46 47 143
    24th Mitch Birch 44 51 47 142 J
    25th Ginge Baker 50 46 45 141
    26th Ranjit Singh 50 45 41 136 R
    27th Ben Underhill 45 47 41 133
    28th Mark Upton 15 23 13 52 R

2. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Good company today and some great shooting, well done dave. Thanks to ed, Jane & mick for laying it on.

towards the end, with hardest course left to last it did start to live it up to its name....endurance :shot:

Tony

3. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Massive thanks to Mik, Ed, Jane et all @ Furnace Mill today for a most enjoyable day out! Roll on the next one :D
    Well done Dave on the win & Gordon on the clearance!

4. Bill-B

Bill-B Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill and Quarry
    Fantastic day at furnace mill today. Great company, the three courses where excellent. Well organised, what more could you ask for? Thanks to all involved that made it happen. Thanks to my shooting partners Mitch Birch, Stuart Hill and a special thanks to Stuart James.
    Finally well done to Dave Taylor on your score of 171 and of cause Gordon Burns on your 60 for round one.
    Hope we can all do it again soon.

5. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    great all round day. some tops shooters & the 3 courses got us all working, great job to all who made the day what it was.
    PS we did 2.90 miles ! or some 6100 steps ha-ha said an app on my phone..... :D

6. hiptonic

hiptonic Member

Club:
    Furnace mill
    Great day !!

Thanks to all at furnace mill for such an enjoyable day. Great shooting by many today. First time I've seen a clearance up at the mill so well done Gordan ! Thanks to my shooting partners today who added to the enjoyment. Can't wait to do it again when I've recovered from the stiff back, legs, arms and knees, one final thanks to Ed for playing taxi driver ! I wouldn't of made the 3 rounds without you. Thank you.

7. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Great days shooting....worth the 6 hour of travel, well done to Gordon on the clear 1st round, and Daz on the overall win..top shooting lads, cheers tothe course setters and marshalls..bit stiff today tho:D

8. rover

rover Member

Club:
    Dunfermline / Emley Moor
    Massive thanks to everyone at Furness Mill for 3 fantastic courses and 3 flawlessly run shoots, fantastic ground and food :)
    Also I would like to congratulate everyone who marshalled or shot the 3 courses also when I achieved my clearance :D everyone congratulated me and I felt quite humble and that's what is best about HFT, is the genuine sportsmanship.
    I would also like to thank my shooting partners on the day Nigel Orem, Stuart James and Nigel Smith, we all had a fun time and these guys are a credit to our sport :)
    Well done Dave Taylor on Winning good shooting bud :)
    Thanks to everyone for there kind words :eek: :)
    I was up at 1am Saturday and never got back till 00.30 Sunday but it was well worth it :lev:):eek::D

Thanks Furness Mill, best day ever Gordon :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lev

9. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thoroughly enjoyed the endurance day so thank you very much Furnace Mill, and I will try to get to the next one when it comes around.

Great experience shooting with Gordon and see him get that final target down :D He was putting himself under a lot of pressure but it paid off (Glad you got back home safely!!)

Well done to Dave for the overall win, good shooting mate!

I'm not sure if an endurance (90 targets) day has been done before, but I think this one went well and everyone seemed to enjoy it:)

10. furnace mill

furnace mill Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Sorry for the late reply/post but we have had no broadband since Friday and in fact we still haven't got any, so I have had to go elsewhere to post this.
    I would like to thank everyone for coming it is always a pleasure to welcome you hear at Furnace Mill, I can't believe how far some of you travel to shoot here. Congratulations to everyone on some great shooting. It was absolutely fantastic to witness Gordon's face when he cleared the first 30 course, brilliant well done couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
    well done to Dave, Stu and Tony for taking the top three places overall. Mitch for winning the junior class and this must sound really bad but I can't remember who won the recoiling class, but I'm in the very north of Northumberland an have got no way of finding out. So congratulations to you anyway.
    A really big thank you to the Furnace Mill Team for all of your help, support and commitment to the club, Jane and I really appreciate it.

11. furnace mill

furnace mill Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Thanks for your kind words, when one reads comments such as "Thanks Furness Mill, best day ever Gordon :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:l and 3 fantastic courses and 3 flawlessly run shoots, fantastic ground and food :)" it makes us feel fantastic, we've got some great members here at Furnace Mill who will really appreciate your comments.
    Well done to you Gordon on clearing the first 30 target course. As I said in my previous post, it couldn't have happened to a nicer more deserving person.
    I hope that you had a good day shooting on Sunday.
    We will look forward to seeing you here again soon.
    Regards
    Ed