Furnace Mill. A new HFT club

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by milek, Oct 19, 2014.

1. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Following several discussions with the owners of Furnace Mill Fisheries, the ex members and organisers at W.A.R have been given the pleasure of being able to start a new HFT club at this venue. Many of you will know the place already and aware of the beautiful surroundings it lies in. This leading coarse fishing venue hosts some of the finest competition lakes in the land as well as hosting a superb series of HFT courses and plinking range within the grounds.

Ed & Jane, the owners, have offered the full use of the facilities for competition purposes and allocated various new areas for competition shoots only. Many of you know FM but for those that don't it has the following

30 shot HFT course
    12 shot HFT course
    Covered plinking range out to 55 yards
    Club house (serving food at weekends)
    Toilets
    Ample parking

As a group the ex W.A.R members are excited by this opportunity and we want to make a go of it. All being well, and with the owners agreement we would like to be able to host various open events in 2015. We expect our first club event to start in mid-late November.

It won t be long until we seek UKAHFT accreditation and the intention is to forward a team for the Nationals in 2015. Furnace Mill held a round of the Daystate Midland Hunter Series in 2014 which was a great success so the name is out there already.

A website will be up and running very soon so any support you can offer in the meantime would be most welcome.

Prices to be confirmed however membership to the club will include membership to Furnace Mill, so you can go any time you want on the main course to practice with it being open 7 days per week.

So, in closing, we are delighted with this opportunity and we want to get this club off the ground and make it a success. See some of you there.

2. Kevg

Kevg Warning: May post in random areas

Club:
    Misfits
    Great venue, and lovely people running it! Will look forward to shooting there!

3. scruff

scruff Member

Club:
    purley chase
    good news

good to hear war have found a new home....having shot and fished ther many times in the past i know you have a good venue:)

4. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    It's a shame to have lost the WAR ground, but Furnace Mill is a lovely venue, and so civilized:)

It's a bit further for me to drive but I will be back in touch soon. Well done guys.

5. dnic

dnic Share the Love

Club:
    Misfits, Australia OMT
    Congratulations on finding a new home, I personally have not been to FM, but heard very good things about the place. I wish you well and look forward to shooting it.

David

6. daveuk

daveuk New Member

Club:
    Liege
    Good luck with this guys. FM is a brilliant venue, I've been there many times, we had the Air Arms Owners Club Meet there and had a great time courtesy of the owners.
    Hopefully see you soon.
    Dave

7. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Nice new grounds you've got there Mick (&co). Looking forward to a challenging course there in the not too distant future!:D

8. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

That is good news, a great place for it for sure. A good gang of lads too. I've zero doubt that once up and running it will go from strength to strength, it's a cracking good venue. :)

9. AND8D

AND8D Doh!

Club:
    Misfits, zone
    Great news for the ex w.a.r guys.Good luck its a great venue shot there at the Daystate last year.

10. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Good luck with the new venture, I am sure we can bring the DMHS there next year:D

11. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Very nice venue, been there once before and thought "what a pleasant place to shoot"

12. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Best of luck to everyone involved. Hopefully we will see a national shoot staged there next year.

Best regards.

13. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    Thanks guys for all the positive comments. We are in our infancy for sure but we hope to put on some events next year that will do the club proud. We learnt a lot from our teacher the late Johnny Smith and also from all the fantastic courses that we, as beginners have had the pleasure to visit and shoot in our first year of doing the nationals and DMHS. Thanks again for the support.

14. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Nice one!

Well done guys! Really pleased to see this.

Congratulations Mick and team. :D

15. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Good luck chaps Iam sure some of us from chesterfield will be visiting for your open shoots when you are up and running.:D

16. cliveo

cliveo Member

Club:
    misfits
    good luck on the new club, look forward to shooting there again:)

17. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I've shot FM before and it's a very nice venue. Good luck and fingers crossed for a smooth launch:)

18. Mark T

Mark T Member

Club:
    Misfits HFT
    Good luck with your new club . Really enjoyed the Daystate midlands round that was held there,
    and Ed the owner seemed very enthusiastic about increasing the airguning side.

19. chris.allum

chris.allum Member

Club:
    Wendover
    Good luck mick !!!

I know you can put a good show on .... The club will do well !!

I'll see if I can get a few of the boys from Wendover to take a trip

20. furnace mill

furnace mill Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014