ftp900

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by squire49, May 3, 2014.

1. squire49

squire49 New Member

Club:
    tayside airgun
    I,m totally fed up waiting on a ftp900 being delivered (ive now waited 6 months) so was wondering if anyone has one for sale . I would appreciate any help on this

2. baldini

baldini Member

Club:
    Wendover
    If your totally fed up waiting for one believe me your be even more fed up owning one ! Save a grand and get a Mk3 pro target, same tigger and no wobbly A bracket assembly, their were three out our club and two sold on in one month, ( including mine ) loads of trouble !

3. Coney

Coney New Member

After seeing one at the classic yesterday I would save your money, the butt pad in particular is dire, the I saw broke very easily.

4. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    I own one and it's the best gun I have ever owned.

5. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

Well the first one I bought was replaced , nothing major just zero shift , blueing coming off and leaking. Never got to shoot number 2 as it was delivered with damage and number 3 leaked after 10 shots , only happy bit was when I got my money back 14 weeks later! The only one left down the club has had to have the barrel free floated to cure zero shift, when he took the A clamp off the barrel isn't in line with the cylinder , save your money or get a steyr.

6. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    That sounds exactly like the same problems and cure I had with my Steyr :eek:o
    We have three FTP's in our club and all have been fine, I agree the hook is a bit frail but for HFT the offending part won't be used and for FT most will replace it with a proper hook anyway. New Steyr around £2000 FTP around £1400, it's a no brainer :)

7. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    I've got one all dyed up and finished and ready to fit to an FTP900 - undo one grub screw fit this and away you go :)

[​IMG]

8. squire49

squire49 New Member

Club:
    tayside airgun
    ftp

thanks very much to all who replied. I will take on board all comments and opinions you have been helpful to say the least

9. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    I bought mine on 27th December last year and it's faultless. Last week it was raining a little so on my return home action out of stock. Wiped down and back into the action zero exactly the same. There have been problems with leaks etc but is that because of new staff and trying to keep up with demand. My neighbour bought a Beamer 30k that went wrong in a week.
    As I say mine is faultless although I think the butt hook could be of a better standard but then cost goes up, put a anschutz hook on and your still under a steer price of £2,200.
    RAIDER.

10. suds

suds Senior member

Club:
    Wendover ARC
    Ftp

Saw another butt snap off on an FTP at the Classic this weekend.

11. Coney

Coney New Member

I believe there were 3 over the weekend that broke at the hook. Shame as I really like the look of the FTP :)

12. andy1762

andy1762 Member

Club:
    Castle FT
    Used mine at the classic this weekend and its been megga.
    Yes the butt hook is a bit flimsy, if Air Arms have got owt about them they will own up and admit that it is poorly designed and engineered and is not fit for purpose.

But I don't suppose for one min that's going to happen!!!!

Andy

13. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    if these butt hooks are breaking because of design, surely AIR ARMS are replacing them under warrantee.
    does anyone know if they are or nor.
    RAIDER