FTP 900 For Bench Rest

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Steve Ashton, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Steve Ashton

Steve Ashton New Member

Club:
    Bolton Air Section
    Hi Folks, I am very interested in both FT and indoor 25m bench rest and despite being new to the sport I am keen to progress to a decent competetive level in my club.
    Been looking at he FTP900 as a gun sitable for both disciplines. Any thought or can you steer me in the right direction.
    One other possibility is to go down the Red Wolf route, which seems to be cleaning the board in my club bench comps but dont like the feel of the Red Wolf for FT shooting.
    Open to all suggestions..

2. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    If you like the FTP for FT, then Benchrest will show you how good or bad it is.

Maybe a BR hamster up front, drop the cheek piece a little, and let rip at 25m.
    You will either find you have a good pellet barrel combo, or not.

3. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC
    Try it and see, the FTP is a heavy but good gun, you will always find lovers and haters, but a decent one in good hands will be at the top of the leader board, a brilliant one in average hands will not be:oops:

As for bench rest, you don't need this accuracy for FT, but get the right FTP set up well in doors for bench rest and it should be able to compete at the top in FT with the right person behind it and a few adjustments.

Probably more important is the way you select, trial, and prepare your pellets, this matters at the top slots, but not so much for having a laugh with the lads:D

See you at Bolton;)

4. Paul_T

Paul_T Active Member

Hello Steve you didn't say what type of benchrest you are going to shoot but as the FTP is a heavy gun, I might be worth checking the rules for weight limits.

I've never tried the FTP myself but from what I have read it's a very capable gun. I nearly bought one myself but went for the 9015 instead.

5. Snipes

Snipes What could possibly go wrong ........

Club:
    DAR , Emley Moor FTC
    I have the ftp900 i use it for benchrest and its super accurate, im trying to do standing shots but its a heavy lump but with practice and finding the balance point of the rifle im getting there eventually anyway....