FT turret ref..

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Sep 5, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I read that generally its best to reference your elevation at the rifles trajectory azimuth. I just bought a T35 and wonder if thats the best way to set up. Any advice appreciated.:)

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    the idea way to go, if you can is to use adjustable mounts... optically centre the scope, then use the mount adjustment to get you on zero when your shooting at 55 yds, then do your ranges, and then if you can, reset the turret so they're all in one turn (if possible)... if that makes sense?

then you get the scope working as best as it can, and pointing at the target, and the turret right.

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Thanks Rob. Just ordered adj mounts. I assume it avoids the need of shims aswell.Thats if you need them.:)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Yep it does. Shims are ok as far as they go, but it doesn't take much to stress the tube on a scope, and with heavily shimmed scopes you can actually feel the sidewheel grip up as the parallax tube starts to stress inside the main tube. (they run close to each other).