FT ,springer or pcp?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by cb2591, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Well i have given the Prosport and T35 a good test over the last few weeks. Im improving though standers are still difficult. Found, still find,using 35x to be more difficult than say 10-14x. However have had some superb groups, albeit not consistently,thats the problem. Im not one to give up but i am now considering another pcp. I want to be as accurate as i can possibly be,and that simply means it has to be a pcp.I still prefer shooting a springer but crave the handling,and trigger of a pcp.Its the trigger which makes the standers difficult ,i really dont notice the recoil.Used to own an MPR and im considering an EV2. Feel like im selling out,but a mans gotta do whay a mans gotta do. Had a good look around and i feel the EV to be the most suitable. Bit concerned about some of the reviews on forums but if i buy new i will have a years warranty. I am really looking forward to FT comps and want to give myself the best chance to do well hence the possible move to pcp. I will have to sell my springers to help fund the EV so i hope im making the right choice.Any advice appreciated.:)

2. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    If your Prosport has the standard sporter stock Ill bet you are struggling with the shallow forend and lowish cheekpiece height? As far as PCP's go I have a Mark1 EV (with T35). The MK1 EV seems to to be held in fairly low regard but mine has been great over the last four months. Having said that I did buy a ProTarget as a spare rifle in case anything went wrong with the EV. The funny bit is the PT is just so nice to shoot :)

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Might not be having this conversation if i could try the Prosport with an FT type stock. But your right not happy with the std stock.

4. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    FT springer stocks do come up secondhand, but maybe for the TX more often.

5. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Springers definatly need a fair bit more ability, and if you score well with them theres serious bragging rights :p, I'm in the process of building up a HW77 for FT and hoping to be ready for the winter series, going to need a Burris RA soon anyone know of any for sale?