FT scope for benchrest?

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by mrgeoff, Jun 21, 2018.

1. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    Ok, thanks, that’s answers another question about my Leupold comp too, as 1 full turn is about 7.5 on the markings (whatever they mean) and 10 yards I have to turn it to +2.5 plus 1 full turn.

So I guess that would be 2 full turns on the sightron?

Ps, 55yds is 5.25 on my Comp 35x, so would that also be 5.25 on a 45x scope?

2. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    Hi Geoff

Yup, that 5.25 would be 5¼ MOA - it'll still be the same minutes of angle no matter what magnification you're on. The only time it would change would be if you raised the scope a bit.

The Sightron has only got 5 MOA for a full rotation of the turret.

3. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    The Leupold Comp has 1/8 MOA clicks and 72 clicks per full rotation. The Sightron has 1/10 MOA clicks, (so each click moves the POI further) and 50 clicks per full rotation.

Mounted at just over 3 inches above the barrel centre line both can be adjusted to give a POI at 55 yards that is on the crosshairs, the Comp using less than a full rotation.

For close range, if you don't want to go past a full rotation of the elevation turret (and I don't, although my son always copes easily with this), then you need to find a convenient number of clicks and hold over.

I can't tell you if there is a difference between the number of clicks on a 35 and 45 mag scope, in theory I would have thought they would both need the same amount of adjustment as the only difference is the level of image magnification. But theory and practice with many things air gun can be two completely different things.

4. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    All makes sense, thanks!

I guess a shim of the correct thickness under the turret will make an adequate zero stop?
    I seem to not have the spring under my turret, so I can use that space for a stop.

Cheers!

5. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    Ps, this was all about finding a scope fit for BR and FT.
    So I did purchase another Leup Comp 35x which is spot on for benchrest.

Last week I ranged it for dialling in, yes, everyone did say.... anyway, this is the results: 29345220-18EC-48D6-BD30-9FBC9AF15857.jpeg

Thanks!

RobF likes this.
  6. trubadur

trubadur New Member

Club:
    NAFT
    I guess 10-50 Sightron is better field of view if not shoot at 50x ))
    Leup 35x for now just laying on a shelf..
    If it parallaxed for FT 8-52m I can't shoot any longer distances..