Ft master class with Mark Bassett

Discussion in 'Videos' started by NJR 100, Oct 26, 2012.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
  2. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Handsome as ever Berty ;-)

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Top stuff :)

4. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    berty on tv

good stuff ,is it me or does mark look slimmer ,,,,,,

good to see the word being spread

well done ian

5. RobF

Club:
    Part 2 is up now

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yiPzJrANAQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. sylvest100

sylvest100 Neil Smith

Club:
    Quarry Hunters HFT Club
    Great stuff!

7. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Good videos...

Well lads and ladies,

I'm happy with how the videos turned out..
    No I won't be signing autographs at shoots either haha...
    Just be good for people to see the videos and get more people involved in our great sport...

Berty

8. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

This is really good coverage for our sport and well put together,a big well done Ian for helping promote our sport.how about taking it one step further and see if you could get a sports channel interested like eurosport
    See if they would be interested in covering the European's or even the classic,it would be good coverage for the company too.It's about time our sport got the recognition it deserves
    When you actually sit down and think just what skill and marksmanship is involved in what we do,compare it to other disciplines of shooting outdoors,i can't think of anything that comes close.
    As daft as it may seem,just a thought that's all.

9. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Trouble is shooting f.t is great in my opinion,& shooting in general, BUT It's boring to watch as as spectator.

10. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I've given this some thought and it could be far more exiciting to watch with a split screen, one on the competitor and the other a close up on the faceplate.

Atb,

Alec.

11. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

could'nt agree more,but when they show such c%$p as bog snorkeling and darts i think we might stand a chance,especially when there's no other form of shooting on the box.

12. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Wrong Neil

The winter will be bialthlon on eurosport :shot:
    25/11 should be the first comp from Oestersund Sweden

Gary

13. burjaka

burjaka Member

Club:
    CT Sousel - Portugal
    Thanks for the video.
    Very good work.
    :)

14. NJR 100

Club:
    it was amazing how much shooting was on tv in norway

15. NJR 100

Club:

Dam good Cowboy film that:D

What was also interesting was quite alot of spectators at the shooting comps. no idea what sort of guns they were, apart from too loud! The way it was done though it was faily interesting to watch.

16. burjaka

burjaka Member

Club:
    CT Sousel - Portugal
    Yess.
    Several competitions.
    And they show picture in picture, so you can se the shooter and the target.
    Very good.
    And the public watching... lots of people (not only family and friends....)

17. RobF

Club:
    Dunno Mark.

I went to the olympics, and like you thought it was going to be dull, but went all the same to see our lads go at it. There was a real mix in the audience, from families of the shooters, to people who just seemed to want any tickets and ended up seeing shooting. There was massive demand for the qualifiers and massive disappointment when we realised that having Finals tickes got you into the 1800 seated arena, but not the 600 seated qualifications hall, which everyone without finals tickets could get into. Anyway, there was massive demand. But instead of the quiet ssssh type dusty afair people were clapping every 10 the GB shooters got (which at that level was most shots) and in the finals we were actively encouraged by an MC to cheer every 10+ shot. Considering it's a 10 shot shoulder to shoulder timed standing shoot off, I'm not sure the finalists were quite ready for that, but they go on with it and the atmosphere was fantastic (and i've been to a Milan derby ;)).

I took shooters, non shooters and shooters who don't do 10m/3p or hadn't seen a match, and they all loved it.

I think a lot could be learnt. What helped was a simple scoring screen showing the hit placement, and scores for everyone. Plus a good MC (which could be a good commentator). Coupled with say a heart rate monitor or scatt trace (which I know is a bit of effort), it could really show what we're doing (or getting away with). Super slo mo like they have on Mythbusters which can catch faster rounds in lovely HD would be the added icing on the cake. We can dream.

Quite a few £100k needed for that, obviously. But I spoke to Ian H about something for the Euros which would be more simple to invoke and cheaper, which would be an almost real time scoring system for spectators to watch. All it needs is someone to walk the line all session. To save money all they have to do is nip into the stats tent and hand over the misses for each shooter which could then be displayed like golf on a rolling list. Suppose you don't even have to cover everyone. You could add in extra information like shooter profiles, some target information, and even some advertising. After all, in reality we do that anyway, walk the line and see who's missed what. It's what we're interested in.

Just need something like a big outdoor plasma/lcd to be donated plus a laptop, and a few volunteers. I'm sure we can find someone to do the programming, I would think it would be possible with something like a free bit of presentation software.

If you could get the cabling, or gear, there's some small cameras which could be set up live on standers etc to show the targets and shooters as Alec suggests.

Target shooting can be interesting, but it just takes a lot of work, and ideally a nice fat bit of cash, which needs a nice sponsor to help out. But where there's a will...