Ft in lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by vx220, Nov 7, 2011.

1. vx220

vx220 New Member

As I find myself living in wilsford near ancaster there are no local ft clubs, i am currently a member of hereward in peterborough but struggling to make the trips down.

Does anyone else live near that shoots ft????

All the local clubs are hft.....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    There is bugger all in Lincolnshire mate, i live roughly bottom of the Humber Bridge so a fair way from you as Lincolnshire is a massive county ?

I drive a massive amount of miles to shoot FT competition & practice wise, i have approached a few land owners & a large Paint Ball operation near me but if it's not making them a **** load of money in return they are not interested, but they are prepared for you ( me ) to outlay the money to get it started.

I'm a member of Redferans ( 142 mile round trip + twice over the Humber Bridge = £6 ) & Castle ( 128 mile round trip ) , so even to practice it's a major effort & i do this every week :eek: , plus comps.

I love the competition side of things more so GP's than W/L so tend to make a weekend trip out of a competition.

There used to be a club in Lincolnshire called The Yellow Belly's at North Coates near Tetney which is roughly in between Grimsby & Skegness , roughly 50mins for me & a lot further for you at a guess, but that fizzled out ? don't know why ?

3. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Hi,

You would be more than welcome to use our HFT course at Lincs HFT for practise.

Is it just the lack of the longer 45 to 55 ranges that is the issue?

We could possibly arrange for a few longer targets to be put out for you. :)

HTH

Mark

4. vx220

vx220 New Member

Hi Mark,
    I have been looking at your site but thought it was pure hft, will try and pop over for a visit

I have a "course" to shoot that I put out myself only 20 targets at the moment but will be 40 when i get round to it, practice is not the issue I have
    It's more a case of who else lives around here and finding some banter and social aspect. Gets boring shooting on your own all the time.

Si

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Hi,

Yes, no problem. We are open Wednesday from 6:00 till 9:00 (Floodlit zero range) and Sunday 12:00 till 6:00.

The social side is great, some of us have been known to turn up and not even shoot. :p

Be prepared for the comments about sitting on your bean bag! :D

HTH

Mark

6. vx220

vx220 New Member

As opposed to laying on the floor... !!!!!:p

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Simon . have you considered personal freshness ??? HOLLY:):D:eek:

8. vx220

vx220 New Member

Thanks Holly,

Why did I never realise wearing ladies perfume would have that effect:rolleyes:

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Get ?

Simon , get in that old wreck of yours and get yourself down to ETL on sunday for round two of the SEFTA winter league . you will get all the banter you can handle . or you will end up like rob and become a spring gun shooter . a fate worse than death ??? HOLLY:):D:eek:

10. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Simon, you forgetting you're a member of Hereward??!!

Get your sorry arse down the club and we'll soon tell you what a prat you are, if it's banter you're looking for!:p:p

Esso's extending the available shooting area "up top" as well, so shooting down into the bowl area soon. Plus it looks like we'll be getting a pistol section for IPAS and Pistol FT/HFT.

You're missing out, and it's only 42 miles: 30 mins at the speed you drive!:eek::p:D