FT in Australia?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by dcj1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dcj1

dcj1 New Member

Hi guys, i am trying to make my mind up. I have been granted my visa to emmigrate to Australia and become a full time resident. Does anybody know if FT is shot at a competitiive level over there? I believe the same license is needed for live fire rifles as air rifles - therefore making ownership of air rifles far less.
    I would love to hear any views on this please.

2. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I asked this same question on the New Zealand forum;

FT in Oz

3. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Steve Gallop from Tawd went to oz a few year,s ago and took his gun with him ,I,m sure if there wasnt any he would have started one ,Dave ramshead was a good friend so he may come on later.

4. Jon

Jon Member

There were a couple trying to get something informal going but before Steve emigrated.
    May have fell through as grounds hard to come by and their laws even worse than ours.

There was only one area that did something, they did have a web site but that closed in 2006.

5. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

If you want to find anything about airguns in Australia, then the following forum is about the only place I know of............but sadly there has been little interest in FT.

They do shoot Air Rifle, but usually for Silhouette, or training for smallbore.

http://ausvarmint.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

You will have to join up to the forum to view it.

GS

6. Martz

Martz Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Go to NZ, the beer and wine is nicer, they have seasons and they let you shoot things. Sure they talk funny, and like sheep as much as the Welsh, but there are worse places to flit too.