Ft/hft spring class definition

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by casper, Jul 26, 2014.

1. casper

casper New Member

Hi could some of the experts on here clarify this question.
    Of recent times there have been a whole raft of new hand cocked air rifles using SSP, nitrogen cylinders. Are any of these accepted in the FT/HFT spring class, or must they be pure spring only to qualify.
    I can't find any definitive description for this class.

I would assume that these new types will be accepted in the standard FT/HFT open classes but just want to know exactly where they relate the Spring class.

2. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    FT has different class definitions to HFT.

But I believe both class Gas Rams as 'Springers'

For FT they're definately in 'Piston' class.

This is from the WFTF (International FT rules) "Springer – air rifle in which power is generated by a large spring/gas ram and piston."

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    SSP usually refers to single stroke pneumatic, where the air is compressed by one stroke of an integral pump lever and released by the firing valve. This differs from a gas ram where compressed gas acts as a spring and sends a piston forward to compress the air actually used to fire the pellet. SSP would not be classed as springer, piston or recoiling.

There are very few SSP rifles suitable for FT/HFT. The vast majority are match rifles for 10M shooting.