FT Gun Bag - One Piece Foam Style

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Sandpiper, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Sandpiper

Sandpiper New Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    My current gun bag needs replacing as its looking rather tired after all these years. My problem is the only decent FT gun bags I can find in stock have a block of ONE PIECE foam fitted which you pluck to suit your rifle. My concern and question is how awkward are these style of bags to use on a shoot?

I appreciate for storage and travel, a one piece case is far better and offers more protection.

Appreciate anyone's views

Andrew.

2. Darron

Darron Trainee Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Millride FTC
    Hi sandpiper, i use the buffalo ridge gun bag which is fine and fits my ftp / high mounted big nikko and ginormous sidewheel ok, the gun does slip in and out easily as the foam is under the nylon.

I note that you live in Cannock but are a member of Anston? im only from brownhills myself.

3. Air Armed

Air Armed MFTA Secretary

Club:
    Castle FTC
    AIM FT-100 Drag Bag, it's the only FT bag you'll ever need!

4. Sandpiper

Sandpiper New Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Hi avfc1982,

Thanks for your response. I have looked at the "Buffalo River - Dominator" bag which is becoming my close second choice but it has a severe lack of pockets on it (ie: rather thin and useless). I love the AIM FT-100 but not even AIM have any in stock.

Yes, I am a member at Anston FTC, lol. My family was originally from Sheffield area and subsequently done most of my shooting from Full Bore Pistol; Shotguns; HFT / FT etc in that area. My cousin still lives up there so we tend to go to shoots together. Was at Millride the other week for your shoot in the nice wind, lol.

Andrew

5. Air Armed

Air Armed MFTA Secretary

Club:
    Castle FTC

6. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I'd hold out for an AIM bag Andy, you won't ever need another one after that.

7. Sandpiper

Sandpiper New Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Sent AIM an email asking about availability this afternoon Paul. I guess I could wait till January as it's a present to myself :D

My first choice of the Solware bag is a none starter as there stock is stuck in China as the manufacturer done a runner and stock being held by the owner of the premisses. So they may never turn up at all. :eek:o

The only practical tactical ones left in stock have block foam and don't see the point spending that kind of money to hack it about and supply my own foam. :eek:o

8. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    The Aim 100 is a good choice,but I use a Ridgeline sniper bag £94.99 from Uttings The 47inch will hold a FTP900 comfortably, has zip pockets and detacheable side pocket,external multi straps to carry on shoulder or by hand.and internal straps to support rifle, bag resists rain and well built.Pick one up ,was £109.99 but reduced now and Aim waterproof cover will fit.
    HERX77 .

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. shootsy10

shootsy10 Member

Club:
    redfearns
    Aim

I'm after one of these but they seem to be like rocking horse s**t at the moment!!

10. Spencer

Spencer Sniper in Black

Club:
    Treetops
    Gun Bag

I bought a BSA tactical backpack bag and i can't fault it. Dirt cheap but built to last, with plenty of pockets and pouches. Its also got ample padding which minimises movement and ruduces any knocks.

Attached Files:

11. rybcasasha

rybcasasha New Member

Best Flight Cases

Hi!

You can try BFC military cases and custom foam insert of the same UK based flight case company.

They have 30 years of experience and they CNC cutting service is perfect for small or large scale projects.
    Cheers !:cool::shot: