Ft disabled rules

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by IAN TAYLOR, Nov 13, 2011.

1. IAN TAYLOR

IAN TAYLOR Member

Club:
    PONTEFRACT
    First i would like to say this is not a personal attack at any one shooter, this is an observation of the rules put in a few years ago for the disabled discipline shots. Field Target in its full glory involves markmanship - skill - and holding your nerve at the highest point in a competition, the winner usually decided by a standing or kneeling shot, So to give someone the advantage of taking these vital shots sitting is not the way forward for Field Target. From the last debate we had on this subject the one good idea that came out was an all sitting class, this class could run along side all the competitions we hold, I think it only fair if you qualify for the Showdown while using the all sitting class your opponent should be allowed to go all sitting for that round only. This new class would be open to everyone who would like to enjoy a days shooting but without the discipline shots. To the many shooters from around the country who contacted me on this subject please talk to your local rep so it comes to the BFTA meeting this way if the majority of Regions agree we can get the existing disabled rules removed and replaced with the all sitting class.
    Thanks Ian.

2. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Have too say sounds fair enough, would take a bit of sorting i.e that makes it a separate class another set of trophies and grading to be looked at.

3. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Don't think it would take anymore sorting as the SFT class is almost gone out of favour why not repalce that ?

Think this is a good idea, when we went to Euskudi & Worlds there's no disabled / alternative position dispensation ? it was either open class with the masses or put it down as a miss !!!

And certainly yes if a Showdown place was won then it has to be an even playing field when your head to head.

Only my opinion for what it's worth.

Scott,

4. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

i think this would be a good idea, it would solve some of the current issues

5. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re. Ian & Scotts comments and suggestion's, thats sorted the whole lot out. No need to waste any more time on this , lets' just get on and get it past at the next BFTA meeting. We now have to get on and sort out the WFTF .
    Gerard

6. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Excellent idea, i think this ticks all the boxes ;)

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Careful

Careful on this . legal advice needs to be taken . cos there are laws to make sure all is even stevens . the BFTA does not have the money if there were litagation taken against it ??? HOLLY
    PS i am not for or against this change by the way .

8. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Today at Ponty the top score was a 29. If someone had shot the sitting class and scored a 30 - would that be classed as 100% or would the 29 be 100% and the sitting class be scored separate?

Just need to make sure everything is considered - us stats guys always get forgotten ;)

9. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    yes i agree this would sort the problems we are having now, like it has been said all ready it wouldnt take much to sort an all sitting class out, any ideas sugestions please feel free to join in .;);)

10. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    at the moment though its not even stevens :confused::confused:

11. Waelwulfas

Waelwulfas New Member

Club:
    Springfield SEFTA
    Well it sorts one problem out, after all there's perhaps half a dozen 'disabled' shooters on the circuit, so who'll miss them if they quit. An Austrian bloke had a similar viewpoint once.
    Do you really think in the Olympic year that an NSRA affiliated club should be looking at exclusion, what a great advert for our sport.
    I've already been advised in writing by the BFTA that this suggestion is not on the agenda, Holly is absolutely right about the legal issues, apparently even private organisations could find exclusion in this day and age very difficult and expensive

Now tin hat ,open fire :)

Ian

12. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    What law is that, and more to the point what exactly is'nt even. I think you are missing the point. You along with alot of other people are trying to accomodate everybody and anybody in the sport of Field target shooting. This is just not going to work. The sport is what it is . When and where is it all going to STOP.

13. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Persdonally i think its a very unlikley Ft will ever make Olympic status, so thats not a problem.

The sport should be run in the way those competing want it, and i think Ian taylor is right in that the open class is an idea.
    certainly, the showdown is where it should be equal. I know of one shooter who wants to raise the matter at the Agm as he felt it totally unfair in the showdown shooting against a disabnled shooter.

As for the agm, it may not be on the agenda, but there is always AOB, from where a further EGM in January can follow so any new rules are in place for 2012.

14. NJR 100

Club:
    Just outy of interest, are you Ian chalis?

15. rich

rich Active Member

As a matter of procedure, anything requiring voting on should not be brought up in any other business. The whole point of an agenda is that the delegates know what they will be talking about and prepare themselves accordingly. That is how proper informed decisions get taken.

In AOB you don't know what is going to arise and so by definition you are not properly prepared.

Everyone knows far enough in advance that the meeting will be taking place and they have opportunity to let the secretary know what issues they would like to raise.

In the groups that I manage (in shooting and outside) I don't allow AOB on the agenda. Urgent matters that have come forward since the agenda was circulated can be discussed with the approval of the chair but no commitment can be made to alter rules or spend money.

16. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Just throwing an idea into the open to see what happens but why not do away with positionals altogether, making the competition all seater?

17. NJR 100

Club:
    I would not expect it to be voted on saturday, but raised and thus voted on in January, if the situation arrises?

18. NJR 100

Club:
    Top easy and a host of 50+ yard targets is all that would happen.
    not a series i would be competing in.

Kneelers and standers are the targets that sort the best out. I have stats from the last few tondu shoots and with out dought, standers are the lanes to sort the best shooters. not many Aa seem to miss kneelers that often.

19. Waelwulfas

Waelwulfas New Member

Club:
    Springfield SEFTA
    Yes, is this Simon ? :)

20. paul yates

paul yates Kung Fu Panda

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Can you point out where in the original post exclusion is mentioned perhaps i missed that, the original post suggesterd doing away with positionals and introducing a class where everybody just sat, which in my opinion is very fair. and as for the purile comment about an Austian bloke having a similar viewpoint i personally find it very offensive, and seeing as you brought up the Olympics does not that organisation have seperate events for disabled althletes the way i read the original post and most of the comments that followed no one wants to exclude anybody, they just want to make it fair to all.