NEFTA FT & classic silloutes advice please

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Packa, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    0C37AD25-B6B8-40E8-AC40-B20CF9EB8864.jpeg I’m looking for advise guys n gals , my first nefta winter league ( well four rounds ) and I’m due to enter the classics later this year.

FT? Due to a motorcycle injury I struggle to kneel so do my six disciplines standing, having just changed my set up I’m now after a few weeks finding a comfortable standing hold and stance! Nothing wrong with this? Just a fellow member remarked on how I was utalising my hamster/ palm rest? Photo to follow.

Now onto the Classic especially the sillouttes? Now I’m using the same stance hold ( with out gloves ) whilst practicing, again it was pointed out that some may seem as not fair?? now the sillouttes don’t really bother me as I can remove anything from the rifle and still use the same hold but it’s more on the FT course where it would matter as I don’t want to practise a stance or hold that would or could be deemed as unfair/ cheating?

got a big bag of pop corn :) , fire away.

2. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    Why is the picture orientation wrong :rolleyes:

3. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    There's no rule against this.

4. AlexS

AlexS Active Member

Is the hamster touching behind the wrist?

5. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    No the hamster is not on contact in fact the fist is twisted slightly more when taking a shot, the picture was more to show.

6. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Trevor Ryan is sillies Marshall his decision is the one you seek.

Welsh Wizard likes this.
  7. Phil.j

Phil.j New Member

I thinks it’s illegal because you knock over more sillies than I do.

DazF, LittleJack and Packa like this.
  8. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    lol, 17 and a full house today and a 27 ;)

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Leading hand supposed to support the rifle you are gaining extra support/stability with the hamster along the wrist and forearm in my opinion.
    not sure about the ruling though, where’s Trev?

Welsh Wizard likes this.
  10. marojaz

marojaz Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Slip the palm shelf down your sleeve and fasten the cuff tight.....sorted! :D

DazF and LittleJack like this.
  11. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    It’s not really defined in the BFTA rules Conor, the bit you are quoting there is for kneelers.

12. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    For standing there is nothing against this except I dont think you can wear a glove for the sillies at the NEFTA

Bri

13. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    It was discussed at a BFTA AGM a while ago. There is currently no law against it, however it was agreed that if people started to get funky with the extendable hamsters to specifically gain an advantage for standers, as per the picture, then the rules would be tightened to outlaw it.
    As the question has been asked specifically for the Classic, their rules official will have to take a view on it. If that’s Trev, I know where I’ll be putting my pound... ;)

TREV RYN and Welsh Wizard like this.
  14. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    The post is regarding FT and sillouttes @ the classic
    I don’t use the hamster for gains I find it comfortable as I don’t have much backward deflection in both wrists hence I use a fist. The sillouttes I can just remove so the question is more FT oriented but if allowed in FT why can’t I adopt the same position? Weight wise it helps balance.

15. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    i cant see it been a problem on the ft side of it, but as you say for the sillys you can use the same stance ie the fist so would be better with the hamster removed + minus the glove.

16. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    what’s the purpose of a palm rest/ Hamster if not to gain an advantage for a shot :rolleyes:

DazF likes this.
  17. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The reason it was discussed is that someone asked why he couldn't rest his hand on his hip and have an extendable hamster that went from that to his rifle. So there's limits on how much advantage can be gained and there's a reason why rules are in place. Saddler, as a former BFTA Chairman, sums it up well.

DazF, Yoeri_B and Welsh Wizard like this.
  18. Yorkshiretea

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Here’s a thing and it’s something you’ve done, you’ve asked because it feels wrong, if you have to ask then you probably know it’s wrong. The second is most of the rules are written because people push things to the semantic limit, there such a thing as sportsmanship in field target. Maybe your contribution will be the rule change.

scruff, Andy P and suds like this.
  19. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    the adjustable hamster evolved a few years ago after a couple of the Worlds courses included some particularly severe angle shots.
    There was discussion about banning them for BFTA events but it was decided to allow their use as long as it didn’t evolve into making other disciplines redundant, for example, as Rob described.
    Your interpretation of its use is currently wholly legal to BFTA rules.
    For the classic, BFTA rules do not apply so you need to take the advice of Trev. As the sillys contribute a significant amount to the uniqueness of the event, I would expect him to look at any proposed stance, not just yours, critically.

DazF likes this.
  20. Packa

Packa Member

Club:
    PARC
    I only asked the question because a fellow member I was shooting with today commented on how others might regard the position of the hamster as an advantage to me during the sillouttes? Which Trevor has already covered! Not that I thought it was wrong? So whilst out shooting a course the same member commented regarding Ft? Not that I thought I was doing any wrong? And Saddler has cleared that up also .

I just asked the question? Which you your self said there’s no rule?

I could shoot open class but feel I’d be cheating myself never mind gaining an advantage?

many thanks for the reply’s I now know the answer I was hoping to hear/ read :)