Ft bull pup

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Jan 7, 2015.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    One of the lad's is looking for a bull pup to shoot FT ( he is left handed ) does anybody know of a FT rated pup . the cricket seems to have some problems ? the FX seem's like a well made rifle but i have heard that the smooth twist barrel on 12 foot pound rifles does not go to well ? any knowledge on these or others . maybe a pup up for sale somewhere . thank's is advance to any replies . cheers HOLLY:):)

2. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Holly

The Edgun matador seems to do the business in the hands of TED of Teds holdover. Can be got new from Europe I believe - Holland I think! With the strength of the pound could be a way to get it at reasonable money!

kr
    J

3. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Holly

Thinking about it I am sure I saw a HW100 pup forsale only a week or so ago, must have been on Gunstar or similar! The leftie bit may be an issue though!
    kr

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Right John

Thank's for that i will enquire into it . keep shooting straight ??? HOLLY:D

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    From

from what i can make of it . the FX Bobcat is the right price ( just under £ 1200 ) the right quality , and the right back up . the only question is . can it shoot FT comp wise at sub 12 foot pounds . anybody know ??? HOLLY:)

6. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Holly You must have a short memory this is what you said on the post just the other day about FX rifles:

Hello john , i won't say whose rifle i tried . but past 45 yards , it was not good ??? HOLLY

7. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Look under GENERAL CHAT
    FX Rifle Question

You can see from this, that the FX Bullpup with a smooth twist barrel is useless for FT.
    Its an excellent well made rifle, but would need a barrel change to allow it to group out to 55yds.

The trigger is excellent, much better than the Edgun.

At present only accurate for 40yds. This is coming back from a few people now and I have seen it myself on two separate rifles including my own.

Looking at this as an ongoing project now!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  8. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    I've got the edgun matador, has to be the best rifle I have ever owned.

It will group just as well as any steyr/ev2/super guns I have owned, but its so much more fun to shoot.

The only place its lacking is the trigger, but it is a bullpup so that can be expected.

If you email Ed he will ship directly to your door, and with the russian currency crashing not long ago now could be a good time to do it ;)

Edit: 99% of the guns he makes are .22 but .177 do exist. I believe there are only 3 in the UK in .177 and one of those got converted to .22 - it took me 6 months of waiting to find one second hand.

9. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Just emailed for a current shipped price and lead time? Be interesting to see what it comes in at.

Big fan of Teds Holdover and havent bought anything for a week or so ..................!!

kr

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    True

That is true , speak as you find BUT it was an old boy who owned it . did he clean the barrel , did he check the power , dunno . i can only say as it was . i believe that as ASI now are selling the FX rifles ( ben taylor does not seem to be doing em any more ) and it is not far from the fella interested , i suggested he go along and see for him self .??? HOLLY

11. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Cheers steve . i will pass it on to him . ??? HOLLY

12. XTX

XTX XTX Air

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  13. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    He does do a bullpup, but not in our .177 12 ftlb flavour!!

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Before they packed in, GinB had started doing a range of bullpup stocks for various models including the HW100 and the Steyr. Might be able to find someone selling stock or full rifle.