Free Floated Barrel

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by saddler, Nov 14, 2009.

?

Have you free floated your barrel?

1. Yes. Removed grubscrew, washer and opened up frame

29.6%
  2. Yes. Removed grubscrew and washer

29.6%
  3. Yes, but just loosened grubscrew

16.7%
  4. No

24.1%
  1. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    I've seen this question quite a few times, so lets clear this one up. Have you free floated your Steyr barrel?
    I removed the grubscrew and the little plastic washer, and dremeled the frame to make sure the barrel does not touch anywhere.

2. sepeteus

sepeteus New Member

I had sudden problems with grouping.... My steyr used to shoot well, but started to behave oddly: grouped well, then not; four shots OK, fifth away...

Opened the screw, took that nylon part away and dremeled a bit... All wen fine and the result was better than I thought it could be.

I must say that I am slightly critical to "good advices" people are telling, because there has been some, not-so-good advices I have heard. But this freefloating thing is really a good one.

Now my steyr shoots very well again, probably better than ever. Free floating is the way to go!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  3. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    When you have a thick barrelled target gun, floating is the way to go for best accuracy - tried & tested long before the steyr LG100 was even born;):)