Forty Years from now.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Lavant_Lad, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Do you think FT and HFT will still be going in Forty Years time ?
    And if so what sort of gear do you imagine they would be using ? Cheers PB.

2. wagger 52

wagger 52 Member

Club:
    Redfearn
    same old gear

Mmm interesting .. I think people will still be using the same old gear from the 90 s and 2000 ... cos every time something new is produced people seem to jump on it and want it banned hahahaha . :eek:o

3. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Hi Tony, that would save you a small fortune. :eek::D

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I'd say there might be some electronic controlled valving. Scopes may be better, but I wouldn't expect much. Perhaps larger objectives.

I'd say the biggest potential for leaps isn't in the technology but in the design element.

5. Damo1

Damo1 version 2.0

Club:
    Castle
    I hope it'll still be going in 40 years time or I'll have to spend weekends with my mrs ...............

6. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    is the use of a zimmer for support against the rules??

If not count me in!

kr

7. Mally106

Mally106 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    zimmer

That will all depend on the height of your Zimmer frame if it's over 10 inch it may be banned

8. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    It may be.

But I won't :eek:;);)

Paul

9. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    If the pc pinko namby pamby brigade get their way, all forms of guns will be banned from public ownership.
    The discharge of anything remotely consisting of lead will go first.
    Target sports will consist of chewed up blotting paper being fired at lifesize targets of aliens, as long as said blotting paper is collected after every "shot" and the area disinfected with antibac spray
    Collectors will still need to send their GC2s back for service and tube inspection, estimated cost £20,000 Even though they can no longer be used.
    Peashooter air strippers will be on the market with claims of zero trajectory and physics defying wind resistance.
    The Ft world champs will be scheduled to be held at the top of mt everest after a local sherpa was granted wftf member status, contraversially, his yak has already got its name on the trophy.

Maybe.....:)

10. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    The thing is, can airguns get any more accurate?

My Impact 600 will shoot a 5p piece size group at 50 yards all day long, so, i can't see an improvement there. The only thing that I can see in the future is improvement of budget glass.

In 40 years, I would hope the Leupold quality will be the norm for budget scopes, I would also think that electronic targets will be the norm and they will tell you if you have split or killed a target.

That is of course if the rapture has not happened and we are all in the final years of torment brought on by either the anti Christ or a Labor Government.

11. Kevg

Kevg Warning: May post in random areas

Club:
    Misfits
    Possible electronic targets which you knock over by shooting a harmless laser beam at it? lol how boring would that be!

12. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    unfortunately Peter i won't be here, well if i'm 94 i don't think my ricketty body would manage the courses but i would imagine scopes and guns will be a lot different i would like to think as well that the banter was still as good though
    john

13. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Well, with ft coming upto 30 years old anyway, i dont see 40 being a problem :D,
    i would like to think that with an improvement in used materials, that all future equipment would become more reliable, accurate and user friendly.

14. mike

mike Member

Club:
    Meon Valley Airgun Club MVAC
    Air Arms will still be having air leak problems on their latest FT/HFT Ultra combo:rolleyes: the Daybrocok Regal super 6 ( £15,000) will have an electronic trigger pad fitted in the Titanium alloy pistol grip and use the latest digital camera scope, that will connect to the head-up display (via the indoor shooting club) fitted to your 3D glasses that you will have to use as you sit in your arm chair at home, after the HSE banned all outdoor activities "as being to much fun" following an extensive & expensive (tax paypayers money) investigation, and the Government outlawed all home gun ownership. All air rifle's will no longer use any form of metal/alloy/lead pellets but a new non lethal sponge Diablo pellet from JSB in .30 2.5g so as not to cause any damage to the metal targets, with all air rifle's restricted to 4ft/lbs.:eek::eek:
    All pi## taking will be banned too, as it may cause your opponent great distress...............:D:D:p

ATB
    Mike

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  15. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Already here!

That's already here - Anschutz training system for 10m and biathlon using it in comps already I believe!

Now bending light to simulate ballistic profile and varying wind effect - coupled with the recently seen "recoil" simulator and that could definitely be on the cards.

One thing for sure kit will be dearer and most of us if we are here, will still be searching for the perfect shot.

Or as some say we may be lamenting the good old days, when we were allowed to shoot anything out of tube of metal powered by air.

You funny old stick great Grandad........Did they used to do that?

Kr

16. skires

skires Well-Known Member

My only concern for FT and HFT is that the sports evolve to a point where they are not attractive enough, re cost and difficulty of play, for enough newbies to get into them for them to thrive.

17. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

It all depends on whether Sharia law allows air rifle shooting.

18. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Nice post:D:D:.

19. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to laugh at that ?

:D:D:D:D

20. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git