Fort 2015 Rd 3 some pictures

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Ceathreamhnan, May 18, 2015.

1. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Why is he shooting Pete Dutton in the head???

3. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    Don't move Pete ,there's a rat on your cap:eek: .ooh get it off, get it off.:D:D:D
    Clever how you've made me and Pete look the same size.;)
    cracking photos mate really caught the moment:)

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. Ceathreamhnan

Club:
    Dunfermline
    I suspect what Pete is actually doing is checking your wrist position ;) Entirely accidental juxtaposition of people and guns!

5. Ceathreamhnan

Club:
    Dunfermline
  6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Correct Greg, Colins weird position make it look illegal from some angles but it is legal......only just though:D:D

7. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I think the slight downhill slant was forcing my back further to where it would normally be and making my arms feel shorter than they are and thus forcing me out of my usual position , the second round of shots I ditched the mat that supports my anklle because of that reason.

8. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Nice photos Greg! I think you secretly covet my orange hat?:p;):D

9. simmmo

simmmo Member

You win whoop whoop the seasons most stupid question award.

Wish i could just not on Saturday or I would miss, come to think of it probably miss Sunday to. Always Monday.

Monkey

10. simmmo

simmmo Member

How could they be shorter(still blame you)and the child beat you.

Monkey.

11. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Perspective eh??

Little Rich, Trying to grab big Matts arse, while threatening to shoot him in the back.................

Attached Files:

12. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    Your still bitter,get over it:rolleyes::D

I see no shame in getting beaten in a shootoff by the Golden Acorn ,it makes it 1 all now.

13. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Great pics Greg!

14. simmmo

simmmo Member

Yes always. No whats the fun in that.

Monkey.

15. superbow

superbow Member

Club:
    Oakleaf HFT
    Is that hand position legal as it doesn't look it..........as in the rules it states -

The leading hand should also be forward of the knee, to illustrate this the supporting hand should be dropped down vertically, if it contacts with any part of the knee/leg the supporting hand is deemed too far back & therefore not forward of the knee.

16. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The position was perfectly legal, his wrist was unsupported.

He could have quite easily dropped his wrist and it wouldn't have contacted his knee in any way.

Don't forget that rules can only be written in the general sense, the main idea of that rule is to ensure people don't rest their wrist or hand on any part of their body

17. simmmo

simmmo Member

Pretty sure it is. I am the bloke standing next to him in the DMP. The picture doesn't show the wrist hinge which is forward of the knee therefore if he rotates his hand it will fall clear. Don't think there is a rule stating forearm orientation is there?

Monkey

18. what barn door

what barn door Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley
    Great photos

Hi,

As someone who has yet to actually shoot a hft competition please excuse me asking what is probably a poor question.

I have looked through the photos out of the interest I have in hft and don't understand how the young man in photo 68 has not infringed the rules applied for kneeling?

NOTE, I am not trying to discredit this young man as I have never met him and don't know him, I am just a bit confused as I have read the rules and target postions and everything a few times but not seen any of it in practice yet. So please do not take offence at my genuine query.

Secondly, there are a few photos showing people using a tree for support where the designating instruction just states 'standing'. Would someone shooting in hft for the first time be offered advice or instruction as to the course rrules or requirements?

Once again I reiterate, I do not want to start any arguments or controversy, I just want to try and get a better understanding.

Thanks,

WBD

19. Ceathreamhnan

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Well if you have read the rules and format here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/ukahft/2015-rules
    https://sites.google.com/site/ukahft/2015-format

you will see that Rudy has three points of contact with the ground, butt in the shoulder, rear trailing foot upright, leading arm wrist clear of his knee, so there is no problem with his kneeling - what do you think is wrong?
    The supported standing shots are marked "standing", this is well described in the rules, so perhaps you haven't read them ;)
    Someone shooting hft for the first time at a club level would usually be put with an experienced shooter who would explain them.

20. what barn door

what barn door Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley
    Hi Ceathreamhnan,

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had read that the leading arm should not be able to make contact with the leg if lowered?

This paragraph is taken directly from those rules I might not have read,

"The leading hand should also be forward of the knee, to illustrate this the supporting hand should be dropped down vertically, if it contacts with any part of the knee/leg the supporting hand is deemed too far back & therefore not forward of the knee."

Hence my query about this position.

In respect of standin position, paragraph below is also taken directly from the UKAHFT rules posted on their web site,

"Standing

Only your feet may be in contact with the ground.

The un-supported standing only shot will be designated by a 4" tall peg, no other forms of support are allowed for this shot (peg/tree)

Supported Kneeling/Standing

The above rules apply with the exception that any part of the rifle or body may be resting on the supporting tree/object. If a number of supporting objects are available, some part of the rifle or body must be touching the support marked with the peg number as the shot is taken. In addition to touching the numbered support you may also make use of any other supporting objects. "

I just thought that there would have been something on the firing point to state "supported" or the lack of any instruction other than 'standing', would mean unsupported, my bad.

Obviously the sooner I can get out and experience a hft shoot/competition the quicker I will start to understand the process, hopefully improving my shooting as well.

Thanks again for replying,

WBD