For the drivers

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RobF, Aug 7, 2018.

1. MikeSeago

MikeSeago Active Member

Been using this additive with supermarket diesel in a chipped Merc. Better throttle response, quieter and total cost per litre still lower than using V Power or similar. Does stink though !

Attached Files:

2. fatwelshboy

fatwelshboy Member

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    My understanding is the refinery will fill each tanker with a standard fuel that meets certain standards to ensure quality. It's what is put in that fuel by the buyer that varies. Tesco Momentum is apparently standard petrol but with ethanol added to increase the ron to 99. I've read, and been told by a tuner, that Shell achieve their 99 ron with less ethanol than Tesco by using other additives and also dope the fuel with more cleaning/detergent additives.

3. Wilson

Wilson Member

Club:
    Hoping to join Kent Woodsmen
    On my second Honda with the 1.6 diesel lump had a Civic and now have a CRV (both with dpf), Can’t say I’ve had a bad experience with supermarket fuel I simply choose not to use it because for me v-power gives peace of mind (this could of course merely be a placebo effect but one less thing to worry about):(

4. Andy P

Andy P Gently does it......

Club:
    Mid Shires Marksmen / Hereward FT & ARC
    My Old man used to drive for Shell many years ago and it was always up to the drivers to sprinkle that magic dust as you say in the holding tank of the forecourt if they could be bothered. The tanker always only carried one normal petrol, if the garage need premium fuel the dust was added if not then normal petrol was delivered. This may have changed now.?

top gun phil likes this.
  5. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Really? The distribution must have been terrible.