Food and drink prices at shoots

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by popsheep, May 23, 2011.

1. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

iI know clubs that dont do catering and get someone in cant tell people what to charge but please can they ask them to at least lets have a cup of tea or coffee for 50 FUKKING PEEEE

I went to a shoot this week-end and hadto pay £3.90 for a bacon roll and a coffee {NOT EVEN GOLD BLEND} I think its taking the pISSSSSS

People have to travel sometimes hundreds of miles ,with fual costs as they are today could clubs try to keep these costs down please ,I;m sure it would keep us shooters all happy and be appreciated by all

TO SHOW MAD MEAN BUSINESS ABOUT THIS TOPIC

THERE WILL BE FREE TEA AND COFFEE FOR THE UKAHFT MATCHPLAY ALL DAY ON THE 4th JUNE
    cheers Ian

2. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

FREE TEA!!! The missus will be in heaven!!! :D:D:D

3. rich

rich Active Member

That's criminally expensive. Two weeks ago we put on a comp, a tenner entrance fee included five events, cash prizes, bacon roll for breakfast, sausage casserole for lunch, home made cakes, and tea and coffee all day in the price. And we made a small surplus.

A couple of league shoots ago - at a well-known ground - I got back from the course just before 2pm to be told there was no more hot food but I could have a cup of tea and a slice of bread pudding. OK that will have to do. £2.65!:eek: The tea was made with a tea bag dropped into a styrene cup, and the bread pudding was sweaty.

4. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Thw all ways have free food

Hi all' little club i go to at rochford essex has always supplied its tea and coffee free ( you have to make it your self)
    And at lunch time there has always been free food supplied , ie Big CHUNKY SOUP , CHILLI AND A SPUD AND
    CURRY AND SPUD OR WRAP.
    ALL THIS FOR £5.00 members and £6.00 non members.

and thats shooting all day aswell. what a bargain.

5. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

HMMM....I must be in the minority here then? Coffee on the services ordinary £5-90 for two!! , I thought the grub was excellent not your pre pack stuff cut with a razor blade, i have a son in law butcher so yes i can tell!! Cooked just as i liked it [the lady asked me] and overall i thought it was pretty good. They do have overheads to charge , fuel cost to take trailer there and back, gas, 2 wages to be paid for approx 12 hours each.

They even had large Areo choccy bars at a £1 each [ £1-59pin tescos].which reminds me DT [plod] weres me other choccy bar??

Overall i didnt have a problem with the catering side JMHO..of course.:):)

6. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

Sorry you feel this way Ian, but i don't think Serena was ripping anyone off!! She was there from 7.00am until 6.30pm in that hot van, i think she's entitled to make a living. As for people travelling hundreds of miles, do you think they would like to shoot 30 targets for there £9 entry fee. So why don't you get off your high horse , put down your apron and concentrate on getting 30 targets to work.

7. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Thats gotta be an all time classic:D:D

8. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I thought it was pretty reasonable (yes woki, even me) :D, the bacon & egg butty had 4 rashers of bacon, not wafer thin stuff either. So a decent brekky butty & brew for £4 was OK. If it had been just 1 wafer thin sliver of bacon, I would have moaned.
    It's a nice touch for clubs to offer free refreshment, but not expected.

9. Lloyd_D

Lloyd_D New Member

Nows the time to buy shares in Pennylane :D

10. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    my coffee is always free when i go to MAD coz Ian has to buy it :p

11. Dazzzle

Dazzzle New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    The prices at Wendover were quite reasonable , compared to well known coffee and burger chains. I thought the bacon rolls and the cheeseburgers were excellent. Well done Serena

12. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Serena does do the smaller shoots in the region for us, so I don't mind paying for her to be there... it is after all a sunday.

But hey, perhaps there's an opening in the market for a van...? Lets face it, it's not like you'd be short of takers, there's at least one major shoot on every weekend through the summer... "burger? let me just get this reducer down and i'll be with ya" :D

13. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I don't see any problem with caterer's making a decent profit, they haven't just turned up early on a Sunday morning, they have been out the day before buying X amount of food. Not knowing the number of people who will turn out for the event and therefore risking over ordering and subsequent losses.
    Would you prefer no catering at all?
    I catered at a shoot two years ago and due to a low turnout and the competitors bringing their own food,
    I made a loss.:eek: (Not bad for 6 hrs work eh?)
    I would go as far as saying a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE CATERERS that bother to turn up for an event which has a maximum of 150 people (more usually 50) instead of their local car boot sale where they can make real money!

Atb

Alec.

14. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

That is the reason Serena will be doing the GP on the 12th, she turns up in all weathers even if there's only 40 shooters. Feel free to bring sandwitches if the prices bother you.

15. popsheep

My reply to Dave Hatfield

My opion only I asked what people thought about prices at shoots I thought the price that I paid on Sunday was to expensive .
    I have owned 3 snack wagons,two cafes and at the moment own a fast food take away and with that past expierance that is why I posted about the price of food at shoots.
    The word Wendover was not mentioned by me in my post about the food prices.
    By reading your post Dave you mention something about me putting my apron down and making sure that targets work,is that something to do with the price of burgers or a new sausage thats on the market.
    You will have to tell us on this forum what you mean as I cant dream of what you are trying to say.
    cheers Ian

Also about the high horse ,please dont think our burgers are made from HORSE MEAT and if that jockey told you so hes a lier

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  16. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

You didn't need to mention Wendover Ian as we all knew what you were moaning about.:mad:I've paid £9 a time to shoot 3 nationals at Maldon now and have yet to shoot 30 targets on any of the courses.so perhaps you would be better charging for tea and coffee and buying a tape measure,Wd40 and some spanners then perhaps we could get value for money. I'm sure people would rather buy a cuppa and shoot the targets they paid for.

17. unclebod

unclebod New Member

Club:
    Wendover ARC
    With the amount of money we spend on our equipment, why are people moaning about a 90p cuppa?

How pathetic is that? Has anyone been to a music festival lately? You need a mortgage to enjoy yourself!

Surely there are more important things to be aired, rather than this petty stuff.

18. popsheep

Targets at MAD

with the replacement targets that UKAHFT demand if there is a problem at MADs UKAHFT round I;m sure if we have a problem with a target it will be replaced and I agree everyone should shoot thirty targets because that is what we all pay for ,
    I;m sure everyone appreciates bringing this topic to my notice and I thank you for that ,we will try harder in future .
    As you also point out we will try to give value for money to all shooters that attend any MAD shoot ,we are only a new club but we will try harder thats for sure
    cheers Ian

19. SmellMyBum

SmellMyBum New Member

werr?

well... i thought mad was supposed to be the best club in the country :rolleyes:

20. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    We are "one" of the best, but like everyone, we make mistakes, last year at the UK's we had a few problems, but we have learnt from them and this year we will be better.

Come along and give us a try

gary