Flying Easyjet to Bilbao for the Euskadi Open?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Shaun, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Hi,
    I flew with Easyjet last year and about a month before departure I had to inform the airline that I was carrying an air rifle.
    This proved a straightforward procedure. However, at the check-in desk the people didn't seem well informed. I found it useful to have printed off my e-mail conversation with the Easyjet Customer Support.
    The e-mail address to contact them is:

easyJet Customer Experience Team <easyjet@mailnj.custhelp.com>

In my first contact I quoted the flight number and that I was carrying an air rifle and then they asked me for further information.

Sorry if this is all old info but if anyone wants anymore please just ask

Shaun :)

2. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
  3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Flying with them to Hungary this year for the worlds, Booked rifle in as firearm on there online booking at the time so they should already have the information that you will be carring a rifle can't see why you would need to e-mail aswell, They should be well enough informed at the airport departures to deal with firearms more so than e-mailing some Info centre.Does not say anything about this on their web-site.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  4. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
  5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    copy/pasted for ease :)

we got 2 months anyway :)

6. Anon

Anon Non member

Who off here are going out to the Euskadi Open?

regards,

Matt

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I am :)....

8. Anon

Anon Non member

Hhhhmmm what class would my Diana 54 fit into?

regards,

Matt

9. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

..........and me:):)

10. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Matt,
    I'll e-mail them and get back to you

Shaun

11. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Matt,

spring class

Shaun

12. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
    English exit authorization

Evening chaps!
    Last monday we return from London to Bilbao and in the airport the police border checked the airgun cases trhought the scanners. Then the policewoman ask to us for the air rifle documentation. Hopefully the Spanish shooters must have the document with the serial number of the air rifle and the owner name and address according the Spanish laws.
    In the meantime I said to the policewoman that in case of the British citizens if she ask them for this document she don't have any answer, so in my opinion she wasn't in the ridht application of the English laws.
    The key document must be fulfiled by the policewoman in the English airpoort is:
    [​IMG]
    As all yourself can confirm, this document has been designed to be used in the FIREARMS, not in the AIRGUNS.
    I tryed to explain to the policewoman this point, but she was keen to look for the "certificate number" which does not exists in this clase of Spanish document.
    The issue was solved after some phone calls to her boss , I guess, and mainly to apply the common sens in this case.
    Anyway it's similar in Sapin when we are traveling to other countries so the Spanish police apply the same criteria than for the firearms but as we've the document of each airgun it doesn't exist any problem.

I'm sure thar other countries have similar problem, so if we add to the general unknoweldge of the laws for the officers and the inexactitude of the laws regarding the airguns, we'll need to call to the common sens of the border's officers to solve this issues.

Talking about the Euskadi Open, we've already solved the entry in our airport of the foreign shooters sending to each one of the shooters a personal invitation to our Open and moreover talking before the entry with the airport authorities in order to avoid any problem, so you don't have any trouble in our airport border.

Regards

13. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    Procedure in the airport

I would like to help you in the airport.

1st. Go to the check in desk to obtain you boarding card and say them you are carrying a airgun
    2nd. Once you had your boarding card go with your airgun case to the scanner area ( ask in the check in desk where is located)
    3rd. Put the caise into the scanner belt.
    4th. Pass inside the security area to explain to the officer .................it's an airgun, not a firearm and so on......:mad:
    5th. Lock the case and say bye bye to the case up to the destination airport:confused:
    6t. Go to the passport police control and show them your passport to pass trough
    7h. Take your flight ( in the right gate if possible, jejejeje)
    8th. In the destination airport ask to the officers where will be downloaded your airguns
    9h. Show to the officer when ask you about the airgun documentation, the personal invitation made by the Fiekd Targer Association to participate in the Open.
    10th. Take your case an look for the AFTE member outside of the airport to pick up you to the hotel in Zumarraga. We'll be ready to help you with the airarms inspector in case of neccesity

In case of questions don't hesitate....

Best regards

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  14. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    I have the invitations and will bring them to GP2, GP3, GP4 and GP5

Shaun

15. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    Invitations

Thanks Shaun

16. Anon

Anon Non member

Shaun,

Thanx for your help with this, just need to look at the finances now.

regards,

Matt