Floating ev2mk4.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mjolnir30, Nov 15, 2013.

1. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Can somebody explain me how can i do a floating on my ev2.
    I see some pictures on other forums but any help is welcome.
    I see that you must remove that suport where is windicator from air stripper,but how you then make your air stripper stay on place without that screw?
    Thank you.

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Air stripper fixing

Hi
    You can use a 6mm grub screw.
    Most people that float the barrel mill the section of band off that contacts the stripper to allow clearance.

3. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Hi
    Do you really need to free float your barrel? what you need to do is slide the muzzle break off the barrel and air cylinder, if the barrel does not move up or down or side ways i would not free float it.most of the Mk4s i have looked at do not need free floating based on the above.
    Regards steve

4. mjolnir30

mjolnir30 Member

Thank you for advice.

5. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    I had a Mk4 some time back and the windage seemed to need rather a lot of clicks to get to zero. I slackened the clamping bolt and the muzzle break sprang back - left it so it was just free to move on the barrel and tightened up again. The windage was then much better (closer to turrets being centred) and it was free enough for me. It went back to AA for regulator troubles and came back offset again - freed it and it was pretty close to the original scope setup.

I have seen a barrel really move when the allen bolt was released, which may have indicated a "curved" barrel or poorly assembled? If it was mine I would have returned it to the dealer/seller/AA.

I sold it on mainly because the single stem hamster kept working loose. Never really got on with the EV2 stock.

Good luck
    Neil

6. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Quite agree neil some where not very good, in your instance I would have floated the barrel though
    Steve