UKAHFT Firing off (regulators)

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by Upshot, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Upshot

Upshot New Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT, Heckington HFT
    I recently fitted a regulator service kit to my EV2 Mk4 (my first regged gun) and I have noticed that the first shot always reads low on my combro (10.35 ftlbs). All the subsequent shots are consistently around 11.7 ftlbs. I did actually set the power level a little lower but I am guessing that now the barrel has 'leaded up' after cleaning it could explain the slight increase.

I have noticed at HFT comps that shooters with regulated airguns fire off a couple of shots before starting the comp proper.

My question is, do all regulated guns have low power outputs for the first shot or two before they settle down?

Nev.

2. hmangphilly

hmangphilly The Doctor

loads do .
    see the robert lane videos ,
    he explains why this happens .

3. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Im not improving in Nefta Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    mine don't no. get 6 - 12 fps variation over 20 shots, pellets from the tin.

4. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Reg

You have a small leak from the high pressure side of the reg to the low pressure side , it's a easy fix but if you don't no what your doing you can make it worse , Hope this helps

Regards Dave