Fired an EV3 mk2 today...wow

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Sep 12, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Fired an EV2 mk3 today...wow

Well fired an EV2 today ,very impressive. Been offered another mk3 ,2008, fired less than a tin of pellets. Price £675.00. Would that be the going rate for a minter? The guy just hasnt used it ,he shoots 10m. Again any advice appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    I'd say £675 for a mint Mk2 EV2 is a bargain, snap his hand off :D

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    For £675 its a bargain.

However, do the chrono test befope parting with cash.
    Fire off a shot or 10+ string over the chrono and check consistancy. should be all within about 10 fps
    Then leave it 10 minutes and check the 1st shot after a break. If the reading has dropped around 30- 50 + fps then its signs off a dodgy Reg. Must be first shot however. You will see some Ev2 shooters firing off the first shot or two on each lane at some comps, usually its fine after the first shot?

Other than that, its a steal:)

4. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I've noticed EV2s have become real secondhand bargains of late. The prices have got silly for the amount of gun you get, whereas it seems you can almost name your price for a Dommie.

5. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Well its sold.Asked the guy to chrono etc but he said hadnt got one ,basically he couldnt be bothered as he had alot of interest, never mind. Bit concerned about EV2 anyway. Seems you have to hunt for a good un?

6. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Finding a "Good Un" could be said about any gun, or scope for that. You really have to try before buying to be sure, thats if you know what your looking for.

When i baught my TMNJR i tried it out to 50 yards. Super accurate, probably even better than the Njr i have used all season.
    What i did not know when i baught it is that it has a slow leak and usues loads of air per shot., Neither of those two things matter to me in Ft, but it was a"fault" that could not be detected when buying, only when having owned for a few days!

Good luck in your search.