Fill centres in Scotland

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by jimwillsher, Oct 28, 2014.

1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher New Member

Hi folks

I'm new here, having only just left the break-barrel world of BSA Meteor and joined the PCP world of Daystate. I'm collecting my shiny new Airwolf today, and I have a shiny new cylinder here. But I'm struggling to find anywhere that can fill it!

I've looked at the "fill centres map" and there's a shop about 60 miles away that offers filling. But I wondered if anyone from the Perth/Stirling/Dundee area had found anywhere locally that can fill to 300 bar? I have a 3 litre bottle - small, I know - which probably gives just 7 or 8 fills. So I need either a bigger bottle or a closer filler.

Can anyone suggest somewhere that can do 300 bar in my area?

Many thanks for everyone's time. And pologies if I've posted to the wrong sub-forum.

Jim (just outside Blairgowrie)

2. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
  3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher New Member

Many thanks Yorkshiretea, yes I'd looked at that map, and the very sparse coverage in Scotland. I was hoping the map was perhaps outdated and somebody somewhere would say "XXX does it, it's just not on the map yet". Perhaps I'm being too hopeful :(

I can't believe there's only two places in Scotland?

Jim

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    It's the only 2 places that have been supplied to us to add... there's bound to be others.

I know Scotland is basically over run by ice sheets, mammoths and ginger bearded skirt wearing types but i'm sure they must do some diving under those ice sheets looking for dropped pennies n such shiney.

Might be worth having a look on a diving forum.

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher New Member

That's how copper wire was invented; two scotsmen wanted the same penny and pulled....

I've found a local scuba club who can fill to 220 bar. My Airwolf is rated to 230 bar and I have a 300 bar bottle, so it's not ideal, but 220 bar is better than the 0 bar that's currently in it. It's also only a 3 litre bottle :-(

Jim

6. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Ask Scottish Guy and Dyno Dave on here, they'll have more info.

7. RobF

Club:
    Oooh yeh, you want 300 if you can. I decant from a 12 into a 3 and when the 3 gets close to 200 bar I don't get many fills before it drops. Got a big cylinder on the gun mind, but it soon goes.

8. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    There is a diving shop run by a guy called Dave Whatmore in Tullibody to the east of Stirling ; I did mention this in the map thread Rob;). His website is Divemore Scotland I think, £4 a fill. I have used him and he does fill to 300 bar.

9. madplinker

madplinker Member

Hi

There is a air rifle club called Tayside air gun club based in Achterhouse just outside Dundee it is also a outdoor activities centre tank driving clay pigeon shooting etc they would be the best to ask I am sure there will be a fill point near you. Any diving shop probably will have the facilities. I get my bottle filled in south Queensferry the shop is pretty much directly under the forth road bridge.

10. NorthernRam

NorthernRam New Member

Hello
    The Divebunker in Burntisland fills to 300 bar and also tests cylinders. Had my CF cylinder done at the weekend. Mark is a top fella.

11. RobF

Club:
    Looks like Ive got some updating to do. Ta :)

12. jimwillsher

jimwillsher New Member

Hi folks

Wow.....I never got notification of new posts, but came back here by chance and I see there's loads of replies :) Thanks everyone, I shall check these out.

I did purchase a Hills pump but I'm really keen to get the bottle filled :)

Thanks folks

Jim