Fantastic mornings shooting

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by thesmokindog, Jul 31, 2009.

1. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    Hi All

I have just spent the morning at the club zeroing & generally tinkering around. I was the only one in the woods, just me and the wildlife. We run around doing whatever it is we have to do to earn a living and we forget what peace is, no one moaning about bad pellets, scopes, under powered guns, no kids wanting money for this and that, no wife for a few hours etc, etc.

I have decided two things this morning -1. I must do this on my own more often & 2. I'm a crap shot in the wind... Was thinking of doing the MFTA winter league this year but winter = wind, I'll not bother, I don't need to travel around the midlands making a Prat of myself..

All the best and stay safe all of you.

Andy

2. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Join the club

Been having a couple of days off from work spent a fine morning down at Bisley the sun was out what more could you want.
    Hitting the target would be a good start:D

3. martin c

martin c New Member

:mad::mad::mad: just a bit jealous :mad::mad::mad::D

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Sounds like a lovely day... but the best way to get better in the wind is to shoot in it... it's a bit tough at first, but if you take it on the chin and keep your eyes open you will soon start to get a grip on it. Can't think of a better place to learn than the MFTA winter league as well ;)

Try and miss between the kill and your aim point... rather than trying to keep as close to the kill as possible and watching them fly off out the other side. Trying to group in wind is also a good thing to try... stick a pellet mark on the target, then try and get as many close to it as possible.

5. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    Thanks for that

Some days I'm OK, it's just I get so frustrated with not having good consistency. However I am getting better & yes why not have a go at the winter league, the worst I can do is finish last & learn something..

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Going to spend the next week up at the farm shooting targets, someone is going to get rinsed at the Matchplay:D:D:D:D

7. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

why are you doing hair washing or something:d:d:d