Fancy having ago at paper punching

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by The Doctor, Mar 22, 2011.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Just think - no wind, no rain....proper toilets :)

I am running this years West Midlands Regional Squad open again, and it is great chance for those of you who have wanted to have a go at 10m pistol or rifle but were just too darn scared :) Seriously, the main aim of the shoot is to get new people into the sport and to break the illusion that the discipline is just for certain 'types' of people - trust me, if I can shoot it, anyone can.

The competition will be running on the weekend of the 28th and 29th May - entry forms will be out soon and I will be more than happy to help people with the rules etc if you are not too sure. Most pistols are accepted as long as they conform to the ISSF rules (500 gram trigger weight, mass below 1500 grams, fit into a predetermine 'box' etc. The event will be held at Aldersley Ranges near Wolverhampton,

Hope to see some of you there,

Lee

2. Jon

Jon Member

Shame Lee it falls on GP3 Newbury.

3. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC

Any more details Lee, cost number of cards etc. Usualy shoot 20 yd pistol so shouldnt be to scary!

4. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Do a bit of 10M rifle unofficially with on of the Stoke clubs so may be interested. More details please.

5. rich

rich Active Member

Our club has regular paper-punching evenings, tonight as it happens, usually two Fridays a month, attendance fee £3 a head and you can buy targets at ten for a quid.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

That's excellent - thanks for the hijack :)

I will get more details up about the shoot ASAP - pistol will be 60 shot match, two shots a card and rifle one shot per card - entry is set at £10 per comp, with the chance of shooting three individual sessions over the weekend. We will also have a five shot rapid fire event (standard pistol).

Lee

7. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Hi Lee hope you don't mind but i pointed Paul James in your direction "Jamesy" he is looking for a Steyr LP10 pistol i thought you may be the man to point him in the right direction.Nice to see you doing well in your newish chosen sport ATB Steve page

8. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

That's fine - I know where there are two very nice mechanical ones for sale :)

Lee

9. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Thanks Steve,:) If you come across a nice LP10 i'd be grateful to hear about it Lee.:)
    Paul

10. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Paul

Of the ones I know of the Bisley shop had two in a few weeks ago, one with the ball-bearing trigger and one without - both were minters

I am sure that Surrey Guns have one in as well - not much in private sales at the moment I am afraid.

Lee

11. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Lee - tell everyone about the thongs mate - you almost had big Neil convinced on Sunday ;)

12. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Only one left at Bisley now Lee, they didn't know which one it was either, it's priced at £800, the one at Surrey guns has gone as well. They don't come up for sale very often on the forums and prices vary wildly... £400- £900 i've seen, i'm gonna need a scope too and a suitable rail making so i have to allow enough for those in my budget, i didn't want to spend as much as £800 on the pistol alone. If i have to then so be it, but i'm not in a hurry. I've sold my Steyr LG100 and most of the cash from that sale is for the pistol because i've lusted after one for a few years now and i believe the pistol will get more use than the rifle did.
    If you spot anymore for sale i'd be grateful to you to let me know.
    Thanks
    Paul:)

13. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

14. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Stick what you want in wanted sect Paul, I'll make it a sticky so it stays up top :)