Falcon T50

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Sake-San, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Sake-San

Sake-San La Vieille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    May one enquire of those who have (or perhaps had!) a T50 as to your experiences with temperature related shift, any knowledge gratefully received...
    Not looking for shortcuts, I shall as the seasons permit put in the necessary work to confirm things myself but, good to know of what others have experienced.

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. brotherdeal

brotherdeal Member

Club:
    Avon Hawks
    The one I used to own was stable, they're not known to shift.
    But on hot days try not to leave your set up in the in the sun to warm up to much keep it in shade if possible.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. Jon

Jon Member

Had well in excess of 30 of them, none have knowingly shifted with temp.

4. Sake-San

Club:
    Thank you both, sounds encouraging.

5. sniper08

sniper08 New Member

T50

Had one and thought it was a great scope for the money! Very clear and seemed to range find well. My mate has it now as i swapped to a big nikko. Couldn't really say i saw much in the way of temperature shift but i suppose every scope has some degree of movement? My only criticism was the cheap wheel that came with it, i would either get a custom wheel or drill the threads out and re tap it and get some quality grub screws, mine kept slipping slightly as i couldn't properly tighten it meaning the range markings were never exactly as i had them :rolleyes:

6. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I have one of the pre production models and the only shift I see is around the 10degC mark under that it's fine but when the temp picks up I have to watch it , if I set it up in winter it needs re setting for summer, but other than that I have found it stable.

7. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    I had the silver one and it didn't move much at all, certainty much less than a big n I had and my sightron

I preferred it to a nikko

Bri

8. Sake-San

Club:
    Thanks again for all the inputs, much appreciated, was only trying to get some experience ref. potential temp shift/s.
    The supplied wheel is indeed crudely made (so resides in the box!) and the overall finish is somewhat rough but, it does seem to do rather well what is was designed for at a very reasonable price.
    She'll report back further once we become rather better acquainted.

9. Jon

Jon Member

Depends which one you've got Sake, personally not keen on the silver, black much better and what have predominantly used.
    Supplied wheels are Chinese made using cheap acetal tipped grub screws a fraction on small side.