Falcon T50

Discussion in 'Others' started by Steviek, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Steviek

Steviek Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Hi,

I'm about to purchase another scope for FT purposes and I'm trying to decide whether to save a few bob and get a new Falcon T50 10-50x60 or get a second hand Nikko Stirling Diamond MK3.

I already have a big Nikko on my other rifle but can't decide what to do for the second one. On the one hand, a new Falcon T50 comes with all the bits (i.e. sunshade, lens covers, big side wheel etc) but I've no idea whether these can range find anywhere near as well as a "big nikko". If it is comparable, then I'm tempted to try a T50.

Has anyone got any experience with the T50? I don't want to waste any more cash on getting the wrong thing (again) - so any suggestions on this would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Steviek

Steviek Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Sod it - this has been posted in the wrong forum.

Half asleep still.

Still - any replies welcome......

3. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    Ask steve hebby about them he's had two and he's in your club to

4. Steviek

Steviek Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Cheers - I'll seek him out when I'm next up

5. rich

rich Active Member

The T50 doesn't respond well to being used like a big Nikko. It's no good hunting the wheel back and forth for the last few mm, you will chase your tail. You have to use the T50 like many more expensive scopes, and always bring the wheel into focus from one direction only.

6. Steviek

Steviek Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Cheers Rich - much appreciated. I think I need to have a play with a T50 but my gut feeling is get another Nikko. I must admit, the Mk3 I have on my MPR works really well and I'm gradually getting used to the way it works.

I'll have a scout around and see whats' available.

Thanks again.

7. tony1

tony1 Member

Club:
    hereward ft
    iv got a t50 for sale in sales section :)

8. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Get a Sightron if you want easy range finding....Just so happens there is one for sale on here. Some bloke from Telford.
    Tried a T50 and exactly as Rich said. Very fiddly and as difficult as a Leupold to master.

9. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

a mk1 or 2 nikko is even easier range finding

10. rich

rich Active Member

I'm not knocking the T50, I have one now and have had another in the past. It's just that you have to spend some time and learn it, you can't just pick it up and make it go, like you can with the BN. But it is half the price, and optically those that have been through my hands have performed well enough, don't expect maximum clarity and contrast on full mag, just drop it a shade and you will benefit. In truth, my BN was just the same, easier to rangefind on 40 mag than 50.

If you want a really sharp scope for not a lot of money then look around for a fixed mag T35. So long as you can work with fixed mag, and plenty of good shots do, this may press the buttons for you. It's just a pity that the T35 doesn't come with a multi-point ret, such as the NATO ret, now that would be a good seller.