Falcon t50

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by shinything, Mar 16, 2012.

1. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    Hi I'm thinking of getting a falcon t50 to help me improve my scores, does any one know how good this scope is and is it a big improvement over my nikko target master?

Any advice is welcome thanks
    Shinything

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    i`ve not seen a good target master come to the Club, but have tested two production T50.

i would look for a t50 or 2nd hand big nikko or BSa 10 - 50.

Very good for the money the T50, but not in leupold league though you would not expect it at half the cost!

presunimg your missing targets hight and low through mis ranging, the t50 should help. It wont help if your missing for other Reasons?

Simon

3. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    hi thanks for the help.

4. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi, Is that Rob?

If any of the IOW lads are coming up to GP1 get yourself up here and mooch about and chat to people with different scopes, most will let you have a look through if you ask nice. Get some idea before you splash the cash.

You know what happened with the gun!! :p:p:D

Alan.

5. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    Yeah it is me.

Yes I might do that when is the first gp round? Maybe I should just look at getting a nikko mk2 as even if I like a leapold I can't afford one :(
    I just thought that the t50 was surposed to be as good as a big nikko

6. NJR 100

Club:
    T50 is as good as a nikko, but like all scopes there are good ones and bad ones.

I have seen utter rubbish big nikkos, new out of the box that have been very milky and dont range find very well.
    The two production t50 i used had a slight difference between them but both would match 2most2 big nikkos.
    i have seen a few big niklko that were very good.
    if it were me and £400 to spend, i would go for the t50 over a 2nd hand big nikko unless i had range time with the nikko.
    at least with a new T50 if there are any issues, you can return it to the shop.

7. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    OK thanks for that.

is any one going to the first round of the gp with a t50? and if you dont mind can i have a look though it?

8. NJR 100

Club:
    there are a few about i think, you will have to keep your eyes open?

9. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    In the NEFTA Winter league 5 or 6 of the top 10 shooters in AA used a Nikko. The rest used Leups or a S&B.

Not saying the T50 isn't up to the job - just that a lot of people have used the Nikko for many years and trust it in all conditions.

Dave.

10. NJR 100

Club:
    Yes we tell everyone that wnats to get into Ft when they ask what to use to look at what the top shots are using, there is a reason alot of the kit is simular.

i think the t50 will break onto the scene more now its available, one of its failings has been how long its been in delepoment, as there will still be the odd duff one out there in time i am sure.

I think it would be a good idea for falcon to have a Ft team, but only using the t50 as the trademark item.
    unless they start beating AA then they would have to use Falcon pellets too :eek:

11. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Keep your money in your pocket...

As I said above, Rob, don't spend your money until you've had a look through several scopes and you know what YOU want. It's all about personal preference.

There are far too many Big Nikko's out there to suggest they aren't up to the job but personally I've tried a MK1, MK2, and MK3, and hated all of them. Dave above swears by them and some of the top, top shooters use them. I've also tried the Leups, and the Bushnells, I've looked through a March and Sightron, and S&B and I still go back to the Burris. I am waiting to have a good look through a T50 myself.

Get to the local GP's and look through as many different scopes as you can before you commit.

Cheers,

Alan.

12. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    The Burris is a disease associated with bisley FTC . it is cured by a good dose of leupold ??? HOLLY:):D

13. shinything

shinything New Member

Club:
    carisbrooke
    Thank you for all this advice looks like I just need to ask around and have a look though the two I can afford to get, its going to be between the nikko mk2 or a t50.

The targetmaster I have now is not to bad I have about a 2 to 3 yard error when we did a bit of range finding training at our club. Plus with the new high mounts and risers and a new butt hook I think I might be able to improve on my pb of 29.

But from what you have all said and while you don't all agree on what scope is better I think you all agree what ever one I pick it will be better then my targetmaster.

Rob

14. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Most mentioned will all be better at rangefinding than your current scope, but will not be better at knocking down targets. However they should reduce the 3yrd error on range estimation so therefore give you a better chance if a hit!

15. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

Have been testing the T50 in various guises for the last two years, we use a pair of Diamonds as comparison a mk2 NATO and a Mk3 mildot, put simply there is nothing to chose between them, anything the Diamond can do the T50 does it just as well and thats in back to back comparison at comps and testing, the big difference is the falcon costs £400 new with a warranty!