Falcon t50 x

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by naimboy, Dec 1, 2019.

1. naimboy

naimboy New Member

Hi all a mate has just purchased a x50 and it has a lot of side to side play on focus turret
    He has been told its normal any you guys with one experienced it ,regards

2. RAF

RAF Member

Club:
    mill ride
    I think I saw this scope at Millride yesterday , it had a 5" wheel on it & yes there was quite a bit of movement / rock on the wheel, ( more that I would be happy with ) considering its a new scope I wouldn't have expected that much "play "

3. naimboy

naimboy New Member

Yes that's the one abit poor for an 800 pound scope looks like a nikko for me if this is normal

4. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    There are three 1mm grub screws around the turret, maybe try tightening them up?

mine has a small bit of play, but nothing I’m worried about. It does what it’s supposed to.

5. martin blue eyes

martin blue eyes shoot, pray and hope

Club:
    Emley
    Mine has very little play on it and is nice and smooth, I suggest you have a word with the supplier if nipping the grub screws doesn't work.

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I'd speak to Falcon or whoever you purchased it from if you're not happy.

7. Mriley

Mriley Member

Club:
    Redfearns
    As stated on here it needs to go back it’s not normal,mines ok but Falcon need to be
    aware they have a problem and deal with it.

8. naimboy

naimboy New Member

Thanx lads I think he has spoken to supplier who said it was normal and advised not to mess .On a plus side for me anyways the glass does seem very good ,perhaps a few rough ones are filtering through to meet demands .
    I think he will probably end up contacting falcon directly cheers

9. MikeSeago

MikeSeago Sloth like member

The contract of sale is with the retailer and not the manufacturer. The supplier should deal with any issues and it is then up to them to go back to Falcon to get back any loss they have made.

Sale of Goods Act 1979

10. SteveC200

SteveC200 Well-Known Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    This is true, however I've contacted Falcon directly in the past after having problems with an unhelpful retailer and Falcon went above and beyond expectations.

Lofty, biwain and Gary Martin like this.
  11. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    I’ve bought one and have a tiny amount of movement that doesn’t bother me at all..

So far for the money I don’t think there is anything out there that will touch the X50... ive owned most out there and shot march for 9 years and this is the closest thing that’s comes second to my march. And for less than a third of the price it is a brilliant scope.

I’ve fitted an ajp cam style sidewheel to mine to get that little extra gap at longer distances and well impressed and glad I bought the scope. For the money it is brilliant. Clear optics consistently repeatable on rangefinding and bright. Sharp optics as well on sight picture which show every detail...

great scope and incredibly brilliant value..

Berty

saltydog, steve1000, CAC and 4 others like this.
  12. floyd

floyd Member

Club:
    Millride
    Hi berty is it ft one you have got

13. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    It is floyd...

14. custompaint

custompaint Optics Warehouse

Club:
    Ashcombe AGC
    Good Afternoon Naimboy

There was a call here Friday (not sure if it was yourself or somebody else experiencing the same with the scope) that one of my colleagues took regarding some play in the large sidewheel, i overheard the conversation and passed on that some movement is always going to be there, i have had most scopes and there is always some 'wobble' in the wheels including my Delta costing twice the amount. this will generally not effect the use. but this was explained that if it was excessive that we would be able to resolve this once the scope is back with us.

If the retailer in question was ourselves please feel free to give us a call and ask directly for me and i will personally get any issues resolved for you :)

Kind Regards

John Farbrother

EV2UK, garym, Lavant_Lad and 10 others like this.
  15. naimboy

naimboy New Member

As stated the scope is not mine mate, but when he turned up at our club he was clearly disappointed in the scope and I was just asking around if it was the norm or a faulty product. We were all very keen to try his scope as a few of us are upgrading and were surprised at the level of rock present.
    As for the delta being poor in this respect I wouldn't buy one at £1500 or more ,we tried all our wheels and none were rocking including my ancient tasco custom shop lol ,regards naimboy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    PA410goodshot likes this.
  16. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    How much play are we talking about? My mk2 nikko has zero, if we’re talking about lateral wobble. It does have a tiny bit of backlash, I.e. rotational.

17. custompaint

custompaint Optics Warehouse

Club:
    Ashcombe AGC
    When i say my delta has some movement, it is very little but just stating that there is a wobble in the wheel. by no-means is this poor in any way shape or form. (hasn't let me down with hard use on the springer and it was the first one imported to the country :D)

your friend has spoken to Nick at Falcon optics and i believe this has all been resolved directly.

best keep that tasco safe!! ive not had the best of luck with them! but i know of a few very good ones :cool:

Adam this was lateral movement, Backlash in a brand new scope would be unacceptable in any degree for field target use.

18. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

Mounted a new X50 with the supplied Harris sidewheel and there's no backlash or lateral movement at all, very solid. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019