Falcon t50 x

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by naimboy, Mar 26, 2019.

1. naimboy

naimboy New Member

Hi all anybody tried one to shoot ft regards

2. skydog

skydog Talent Is Overrated

Club:
    The Dib
    It's a value for money scope that sits at the bottom end of the FT scope spectrum. The T50 is very capable up to 50yds and then tends to be a little vague on ranges out to 55yds.

I know a shooter who rapidly climbed through the grades using his T50 on a Pro Target and you will see a few on the GP circuit.

HTH.

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    So you’ve used the new T50X then?

Barry likes this.
  4. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I bought a new T50 mk2 last year while my Leup was away being fixed. I thought it was excellent value for money and a great starter scope. In the two comps I used it in I came 2nd and first in my grade (B in SWEFTA), 2nd place was down to a schoolboy error on my part. I sold it on to a mate in my club after as I got hold of a Sightron. FWIW I shot with my Leup for two comps, borrowed Nikko for one (then it broke), Bought a Falcon T50 mk2 and used that for two more comps. Changed to a Sightron for the last two. I also won B grade; make of that what you will.
    As you are new on here and asking that question I'll take a punt that you're new to FT. Unless your pockets are huge The Falcon will definitely do, but, if you plan on actually winning something big you will eventually end up trading up for better more expensive glass.
    I wouldn't be blaming the Falcon mk2 scope if you don't start off with amazing scores put it that way.
    Good luck with whatever you end up choosing; scopes are funny things. I ended up selling my Leup for a new Sightron this xmas because the Sightron has more features that I found useful.

Gary Martin likes this.
  5. JerryD

JerryD Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
  6. naimboy

naimboy New Member

Hi mukka I have been shooting at club level and the ft scene since 1980 lol so not really a beginner. I don't shoot competitions now but as my eyes are getting poorer my old leupold premier boosted scope is letting me down for ranging plus it does shift about due to heat .

7. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    While the T50 is a great entry level scope for FT, the X50 is a completely different beast and is effectively a Sightron SIII for near enough half the dosh.
    I haven’t had chance to try one yet, but if it’s the same Sightron quality with a lighter weight then it sounds very good value indeed, especially as Jon Harris wheel is an option for not a lot extra.

Antony Martin likes this.
  8. bootneckbob

Club:
    Shebbear
    Cheers Colin, scrub my previous then! :)

C.Eaton likes this.
  9. bootneckbob

Club:
    Shebbear
    Sightron SIII for half the money! That's good news for me then with two SIII's. If I din't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all!

10. gdavison

gdavison Active Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC & Bisley - BFTC
    I think OP has confused us all with nomenclature There is the

T50 - original scope from Falcon was available in Black and Silver, made in China
    Falcon Optics T50 10-50x60 Field Target Rifle Scope
    Falcon Optics T50 10-50x60 Field Target Rifle Scope LM stood for "light management" which was supposed to be "better" for FT
    Top turret was traditional shape
    [​IMG]

T502 - Replacement from last year, available in black only, made in China
    Falcon T502 10-50x60 MARK2 NON Illuminated MOA SFP 1/8 MOA Riflescope - Optics Warehouse
    Top turret was a chunky large one
    [​IMG]

The Zoom knob was also a different shape / size between the T50 model;s and the T502

The New X50 - Japan made - Available in two versions X503FT (Reduced parallax range for Field Target competition. 9m>300m) and X504LR (Standard parallax range. 10m>Infinity)
    Falcon X50 10-50x60 FIELD TARGET SFP MOA 1/8 MOA Rifle Scope w/ John Harris Side Wheel - Optics Warehouse
    [​IMG]
    Apologies for pic size (could not find a small one)

11. bootneckbob

Club:
    Shebbear
    Seen it now. Tricky, but looking at the optics warehouse site it doesn't mention a sidewheel so that's extra cost on top of the 699.00. I prefer the Sightron ret stadia myself but yes in all other respects it looks like a Sightron.

Think I'd buy a secondhand (or new) SIII for that sort of money; unless the warranty is the same or better with Falcon.

Speak to Optics though, see if you can try it. I haven't got time to check now as I need to go to work but I'd give them a bell.

Okay, seen the sidewheel version now at 769.00!

C.Eaton likes this.
  12. naimboy

naimboy New Member

I probably confused people, although I don't shoot competitions etc old habits die hard and still like to do well on whatever course I attended, as I said my eyes are getting abit tired now so looking for s scope that would improve on me old leup for not silly dollar

13. PA410goodshot

PA410goodshot Member

Sorry for butting in, but are you all saying this new falcon is essentially a sightron ? If so, is it better to buy this, than a second hand Big Nikko, as I am looking for my first FT scope and was considering a T50 to start, then maybe move to a S/H Nikko. would I be better saving up a bit and getting this X50 instead.
    Thanks for any replies.

14. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Personally you're better off buying once and buying quality.
    The Nikkos are very good though can be a bit variable.
    This Sightron appears to be the real deal and is lighter than the original which is a bonus.

15. simon12345

simon12345 Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen, Colne Valley
    What do you mean by “effectively a Sightron SIII”??

16. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    It's made in the same factory as the SIII and shares a lot of common features.

17. blacklab

blacklab Active Member

Club:
    nelson
    you need to look through one to decide if your eyes can see the change in the upper ranges:cool:

18. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

Will it hold up on a springer? Say something like a TX200 that's around 12 ft. lbs.

19. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    It holds up to .50 cal and .338LM

20. C.Eaton

Club:
    Springfield / TEGC
    Even though we think that scope manufacturers make products specifically for our air-gun market, the majority aren’t, we just hijack then for our needs. I’m guessing that this lighter Falcon is aimed squarely at the budget F-class shooter, so lots of recoil.
    If it’s anything like it’s bigger brother then the springs that hold the erector tube are the best in the business, so no worries there.

James likes this.