Falcon T50 Ft lm differences

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Abdiel, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Abdiel

Abdiel Member

Club:
    Tondu FTC
    Hi , I'm a bit confused about this scope. It comes in FT or LM version. The only difference that I can make out is that (according to review in gunmart) the lenses are setup slightly differently so the LM is better at rangefinding in darker conditions.
    So surely you would want the LM? , so why are Falcon still offering both? Are there any disadvantages to using the LM over the FT?, apart from I think it only comes in silver :)
    Thanks

2. chloe

chloe Member

Club:
    castle
    t50

The differences are subtle and down to user preference. The black T 50 is a touch more stable in very bright conditions, or against a very high contrast target. T 50 lms Silver is slightly better in bad light for example in a dark wood. Both are true 50 mag scopes , never had to turn either down to use in wood. If you require more info give Falcon a ring .

3. Abdiel

Abdiel Member

Club:
    Tondu FTC
    Thanks Chloe, just the kind of info I was looking for. Unfortunately improbable i'll be able to test either and compare as they seem to be quite rare, even though after trawling through 100s of posts they generally get good reviews compareing against the obvious rival the big nikko.
    Does seem strange, given that they are much cheaper and come with all sorts of goodies (sunshade, wheel, big turret and scope caps), that they are not more popular.
    May have to take a risk? not decided. Though I am unsure of the thick ret. But on the plus side I have read that Falcon guarantee is 1st class, so if it don't work as it should IE range find, or other probs, should be easy to sort out
    Think I am trying to talk myself into buying one tbh :)