Falcon T50 Elevation Turret.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Alcanara, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Harrogate (HG2 7SR) & Murcia, Spain. (30840)
    I have the silver T50 with the extra wide Top turret. It is only 35mm in diameter.... virtually the same as the Rowan one and things are a little crowded on there.

There is a lot more room for a larger diameter and I wonder if anyone knows of a bigger turret for the T50?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Stuart:confused:

2. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

No t50 owners out there???:D

3. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    I find plenty of room on mine, I have the same :)

4. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Jon Harris makes them, but not sure they are wider than the one you have. I guess you need to have one made bespoke if you want one wider.

5. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Stuart, it might be worth having a chat with Alan Jackson. (Chloe on here)
    He is very knowledgeable about the Falcons, and has a silver version too.
    You could also contact Nick, at Falcon, of course. :)

Like others, I too find the enlarged turret provided more than adequate.

ATB
    Jack

6. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Thanks for all your replies.... most helpful.

I guess I just like things to be slick and organised. I am sure there is an "ism" or syndrome for that condition.

I believe the consensus is that the Harris turret is sufficient so I will persevere ..... using a spread sheet or the like to make it look neat and professional.

For example the 30m marker has the 35m marker (rangemaster stiickers) overlapping it slightly and therefore you get sticker on sticker as it were and the potential for it to come unstuck. I have tested my clicks to see if it is me but it is correct.

Thanks for all your replies... it is so great to get this kind of help from the forum.

Cheers

Stuart

7. rich

rich Active Member

Here is my top turret strip, produced in a similar way to the sidewheel I described elsewhere.

[​IMG]

8. simona

simona Active Member

If you find stickers on the turret a mess why not consider using the factory markings; it can be easy to mark the focus wheel with MOA corrections for the various ranges.

9. rich

rich Active Member

Yes, rather than mark the wheel with yards or metres and then have to determine the number of clicks, just put the number of clicks on the sidewheel.

I know a chap at one of the SWEFTA clubs who got so fed up with folk peering over his shoulder to see what range he made the targets, he used coloured dots as a code and no numbers at all. A yellow dot on the sidewheel meant dial a yellow dot on the turret, and so on.

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I just use ranges on the wheel, and have a bit of paper with clicks on it. If for any reason my trajectory changes, I don't need to touch the wheel or the turret, just write up a new bit of paper.

If people want to look at my ranges then they're welcome to. They can work out if i'm using shift or not ;)

11. Jon

Jon Member

Quite agree Rob gimme clicks to dial to any day, that way can change scopes and rifles in minutes, zero turret job done.

To my knowledge theres 5 different turret mechanisms used on T50 so finding one that fits would be pot luck.
    Gave the design 3 1/2 years ago but ended up simple non bottom out made in china.

12. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

I am fairly new to all of this.... At first I had metres on the side wheel... obviously and then used a laminated piece of paper with the clicks on. Hung this around my neck.

I have only done one competition... Spain.... but I notice a lot of folks simply matched the elevation turret with the distance from the side wheel.... So I thought I would give this a try.... seemed very logical to me.

I used the stickers that came with the scope..... See picture.... You will see what I mean about it being a little crowded... certainly at the 30 -35 mtr mark.

Attached Files:

13. rich

rich Active Member

I didn't realise you had 13 amp power points in Spain............ :confused:

14. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

:):):):)

Hi Rich.... you can probably see that that is a heath robinson affair... for all my english tools.

Well spotted.... I did my best to frame the photo to leave out my bench.... at the moment it looks like a tip.

We still have many plug adaptors all over the house even after 9 years!!!!

you have a keen eye

Stuart

15. chloe

chloe Member

Club:
    castle
    clicks

Sorry we both use click charts for the reasons already stated can swap scopes around. If you are set on very large top turret, try Jono goes by Knobman on here excellent work always member of our club so could supply a spare turret to copy fixing.

16. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I use a turret with the marking from 15 to 20 yards which is the start of where the turret tops out. My set up has 20-35 yards as the same point on the turret. My scope has adjustable mounts which I think has helped this. Means that I only have distances on the turret.

I only go down to 15yds as I use the markings on the NATO recticle for the closer distances. Got sticky numbers and used double sided tape to affix them then a piece of single sided tape to 'seal' it all down.

17. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Hi Chloe..... I am going to persevere with the harris.... as the consensus seems to be that it is large enough. I am going to try and produce my own printouts which will make it a little more neat and tidy... less confusing .

Cheers

Stuart

18. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

With a zero set at 26 mtrs.... I only have to go one way with the clicks.... and I have set my pointer to be level with the machining groove on the turret at the zero point which avoids being one turn out (well I hope anyway) .

With The T50 I only have to go a smidgen past one complete turn for the real up close distances (9mtrs).

cheers

Stuart